Just a couple of observations:

-First: the price. Not cheap in Japan, when this kit reaches North/South American/European etc shores, the price will be at least 50% more. I'm already developing a rash thinking of all the future complaining on this forum about the price of the new Raptor and people yelling they are so NOT going to buy it. Well, for once it won't be Hasegawa everybody's complaining about..... :yahoo:

-GBU-32. Really? I've never seen an active AF fighter with a GBU-32. The 31 and 38 variant yes, but a 32? Maybe it is a Raptor thing? And the other 1/72 Raptor, Revell's fine example, also gives you a couple of -32s; coincidence, or should I start reading more about the Raptor and its weapons?

-Are those Remove Before Flight tags on the decal sheet? Neat!!

-Decals for a HO Raptor. Get them while you can :wacko:

-GBU-32. Really? I've never seen an active AF fighter with a GBU-32. The 31 and 38 variant yes, but a 32? Maybe it is a Raptor thing? And the other 1/72 Raptor, Revell's fine example, also gives you a couple of -32s; coincidence, or should I start reading more about the Raptor and its weapons?

From the official Air Force website

Armament: One M61A2 20-millimeter cannon with 480 rounds, internal side weapon bays carriage of two AIM-9 infrared (heat seeking) air-to-air missiles and internal main weapon bays carriage of six AIM-120 radar-guided air-to-air missiles (air-to-air loadout) or two 1,000-pound GBU-32 JDAMs and two AIM-120 radar-guided air-to-air missiles (air-to-ground loadout)

Deke

-First: the price. Not cheap in Japan, when this kit reaches North/South American/European etc shores, the price will be at least 50% more.

Hm, let's see - some €35 retail in Japan, so around the €50, €55 mark after import, versus the €15 the RoG kit commands in my neck of the woods...

No, personally I don't see myself eagerly lining up for the Fujimi kit at the moment.

Cheers,

Andre

Hm, let's see - some €35 retail in Japan, so around the €50, €55 mark after import, versus the €15 the RoG kit commands in my neck of the woods...

No, personally I don't see myself eagerly lining up for the Fujimi kit at the moment.

But you get two external tanks, and removable engines a la Trumpeter!

If I were you, I'd reconsider :lol:

Just a couple of observations:

-First: the price. Not cheap in Japan, when this kit reaches North/South American/European etc shores, the price will be at least 50% more. I'm already developing a rash thinking of all the future complaining on this forum about the price of the new Raptor and people yelling they are so NOT going to buy it. Well, for once it won't be Hasegawa everybody's complaining about..... :lol:

Expensive yes, and I hate to think how much it will cost in the UK but I guess the amount of complaining will depend on how accurate it is. If it is as good as it price suggests (and accurate) then you won't get any complaining from me, but I will be waiting for the Academy kit first to see if the Fujimi kit is worth the price.

Its good to see that Fujimi is still in the game, Ive got to stop myself from buying this one when released here otherwise my Revell F-22 would never be build and as been in the stash since the Revell model was released here :thumbsup:

Now the big question is, would they make a F-35? Thats what i would love to see

50 euros for a 1/72 F-22 kit? I thought Hasegawa were taking the mickey with £30 for the 1/72 F-16I Link I bought the hase F-16N for £6.99 year ago, how can it cost £23 for an extra sprue or two? Me thinks i will be sticking to Revell,Airfix and Italeri kits for sometime.

Jamie

Hi,

Looks like another 1/72 Raptor going to be added to my stash. :)

Mine is ordered already and will get next to my Revell Raptor in my stash. Can't wait to receive this one.. and leaving a blank place for my Hasegawa F-35 ;^D)

Cheers

Eric B.

Or, put into local perspective:

3800 yen in Japan, and a lot of shops sell domestic kits at 20% off, so make that 3,040 yen.

The Revell kit sells for 4,200 yen full retail, will not be as widely available (it is an import, after all...), and even if carried AND listed at 20% off it will still be 3,360 yen.

So - equivalent kit, better distribution, better price... Fujimi wins in their home market.

I thought Hasegawa were taking the mickey with £30 for the 1/72 F-16I I bought the hase F-16N for £6.99 year ago, how can it cost £23 for an extra sprue or two?

Well it is 6 sprues, from molds tooled in 2009 (with the yen well under 100 to the US dollar/140 to the Pound) vice a kit from molds tooled in the 1980s when it was about 340 yen to the dollar (or something like 650-700 yen to the Pound). Plus the base F-16 molds have paid for themselves by now, so a plain vanilla F-16 can stay cheap, but if you dump a whole pile of new parts in it and have to pay for the molds that made those parts.... Things got more expensive over the last 30 years.

a Japanese friend blog

bomb bay looks like is not good ,simple detail

instrument panel is good

surface detail like hasegawa f-22

The one I fondled had only very slightly raised surface detail. More than the Revell kit, but not anything I would call excessive. The belly weapons bay yes - I thought the intake trunks that pass through looked a bit off, and the detail is somewhat bland (the Sidewinder bays looked better). But then again, it is underneath the aircraft, the bay will be largely filled with missiles or JDAMs, and there are not a ton of ejector pin marks like there are in the Revell kit.

One thing I did not like were the engines - you can install them OR display them on the included engine cart/stands, but not both at the same time. Personally I think they should have included compressor faces and burner cans for the aircraft, and a separate engine or engines with stands, like they did with their F-14 kits. I don't see the logic in having complete engine assemblies if everything but the ends is going to be buried inside the model anyway.

Edited by LanceB
One thing I did not like were the engines - you can install them OR display them on the included engine cart/stands, but not both at the same time. Personally I think they should have included compressor faces and burner cans for the aircraft, and a separate engine or engines with stands, like they did with their F-14 kits. I don't see the logic in having complete engine assemblies if everything but the ends is going to be buried inside the model anyway.

Agree with you there, not that I'm hugely bothered about the engines as they will take quite a bit of detailing to look good. I would buy it if the aircraft was alot better than the Revell kit but it sounds like it's not - I think I'll wait and see what the Academy kit is like first and then buy that or the Revell kit.

a Japanese friend blog

bomb bay looks like is not good ,simple detail

instrument panel is good

surface detail like hasegawa f-22

Okiraku Blog

It looks good, but not sure it it's as nice as Revell's.

I like Fujimi, but I'm not sure I'll jump at this one, since I only plan to build one Raptor. Besides, within a year or two there could be as many as 4 or 5 Raptor kits in 1/72 on the market (Revell, Fujimi, Dragon, Academy and maybe Hasegawa?) all from reputable companies. Decisions, decisions...

Edited by Milo

Besides, within a year or two there could be as many as 4 or 5 Raptor kits in 1/72 on the market (Revell, Fujimi, Dragon, Academy and maybe Hasegawa?) all from reputable companies.

:rofl:

Sorry...

Considering the issues with Academy's 1/48 Raptor, I'm not holding my breath for the 1/72 one. Sure, it isn't a "cheese grater", but I'll deal with overdone surface detail rather that a nose and tail redo.

Hey now, don't be rude... :rofl:

I've built a couple of their kits and they turned out nice. You never know, they may just surprise us all.

Or they could make a really, awful piece of.... Meh, what do I care? The Raptor is pretty boring from a modeling point of view.

:rofl:

Sorry...

Considering the issues with Academy's 1/48 Raptor, I'm not holding my breath for the 1/72 one. Sure, it isn't a "cheese grater", but I'll deal with overdone surface detail rather that a nose and tail redo.

With the other F-22 kits that are available and bound to appear Academy would be silly not to correct the major issues.