Hi

More and better photos on polish forum

HERE

link improved

cheers

Nice pic review on that link. The box art looks even better seeing it in a bigger picture. Dare I say it but it is looking like the Fujimi 1/72 Raptor is even better than the 1/72 Revell Germany one!

Got one of them in my hands right now--the cockpit, seat and surface detail is actually very nice...definitely not like the Hasegawa cheese grater. The cockpit tub is actually very nicely detailed, especially considering the scale.
like small hasegawa f-22

cockpit detail very nice

best f-22 in 72

Im looking forward to BSK.2

F-35 or T-50

Sounds like two more confirmations that this is the /172 Raptor to get.

And at least you get a clear sprue aswell as the smoked one, I hate the way Revell just give you a tinted sprue so you end up with a tinted HUD and other bits (Like they did with there F-16C), I wish they would supply either a clear sprue or both.

• 1 month later...
Kit is now available in Japan. See here.

Robert

Got my hands on one today though I couldn't buy it as it was reserved for someone who ordered it at the shop. It's impressive. Improvements over the Revell kit:

1. All the flaps are positionable (you have to cut them off with a blade on the revell kit and reposition)

2. engravings are more detailed though probably exaggerated for a stealth aircraft (usually the weakness of many japanese kits)

3. canopy frame has the distinct engraved lines of the F-22 which is absent even on the 1/48 Academy kit and definitely absent on the revell kit.

4. has F119 engines

It will probably be more expensive though.

Joel

Finally got my own Fujimi F-22 kit. I was wrong about the surface detail the first time. The kit is superb except for the dimples on both wings, yup mine has em too. I was about to build another ROG kit, I actually already cut the flaps on one wing when I chanced upon this new kit. Bought it immediately and junked my ROG kit with that stupid tinted canopy. I also noticed that Fujimi borrowed and even improved on the prescribed paint mix from the Hasegawa kit to get the Raptor sheen.

Cheers!

Joel

Eric B.,

The key thing is the chines. On all the prior kits, including the Revell Germany, they are 'rounded off' to the point of being blunt, including the inlets and LEF but most especially noticeable on the nose.

In real life, those chines are _sharp_, to the extent that you could crease a piece of paper over one.

If they don't get that right, it's not an improvement at all.

I'm also curious about parts availability from Fujimi. Are they like Tamiya with a 1-800-10-dollars-a-sprue number? I don't have the Raptor yet, but the F-35B needs another set of upper and lower fuselages so that I can cut out the @$^# auxilliary massflow doors and roll control post nozzles underneath. As ugly as it is, the F-35B's sole charm comes from having everything hanging (I guess even the weapons bay doors act as LIDS?) which means _flaps, stabs and doors_.

At any rate, if Fujimi does parts replacement, I would assume they would also be willing to sell Nozzle Parts for the Raptor. I agree, it was a real cheap thing to short change the F119s after the beautiful TF30/F110 of the Tomcats.

Finally, has anybody taken say the Wolfpack resin set for the F/A-18 dual launchers and mounted them to the F-22 outboards? How accurate is that with the LAU-127s and LAU-115? Do you -have to- use the rail from the LAU-142?

KPl.

Eric B.,

The key thing is the chines. On all the prior kits, including the Revell Germany, they are 'rounded off' to the point of being blunt, including the inlets and LEF but most especially noticeable on the nose.

In real life, those chines are _sharp_, to the extent that you could crease a piece of paper over one.

If they don't get that right, it's not an improvement at all.

I'm also curious about parts availability from Fujimi. Are they like Tamiya with a 1-800-10-dollars-a-sprue number? I don't have the Raptor yet, but the F-35B needs another set of upper and lower fuselages so that I can cut out the @$^# auxilliary massflow doors and roll control post nozzles underneath. As ugly as it is, the F-35B's sole charm comes from having everything hanging (I guess even the weapons bay doors act as LIDS?) which means _flaps, stabs and doors_.

At any rate, if Fujimi does parts replacement, I would assume they would also be willing to sell Nozzle Parts for the Raptor. I agree, it was a real cheap thing to short change the F119s after the beautiful TF30/F110 of the Tomcats.

Finally, has anybody taken say the Wolfpack resin set for the F/A-18 dual launchers and mounted them to the F-22 outboards? How accurate is that with the LAU-127s and LAU-115? Do you -have to- use the rail from the LAU-142?

KPl.

I join you on the F-22 outboards. I know that they are never used and the pics I have of them loaded with AIM-120s are from testing.

I echo the question of which launch rail do you use ?

And what pylon....it appeared to me that the pylon was the same as that from an F-15...of course I could be wrong.

- Matt