Ejection Seats in F-14D 163894 serving in VF-2 Bounty Hunters in 2003?

One more help please guys, regarding the F-14D NE-100 from VF-2 during operation Iraqui Freedom:

This well known veteran as displayed here, in this supperb painting by Mike Postlelthwaite:

331401k.jpg

What seats this aircraft had? On page 57 of the previous book there is an image of it with the canopy opened and they look SJU-17's with the spike canopy breakers installed, but due to similarities with the SJU-5 would like more opinions.

Second, any of you already attempted to use the Bomb rails of Tamiya 1/32 Tomcat (only in the Black knights edition) in the belly of the Trumpeter F-14D? Would love to hear experiences in cross over the ordinance parts of these two kits.

THANKS!

A great place to find reference for the F-14's is the Daco Uncovering the F-14. It shows all variants. The seats in question are covered in this book. The book maybe $60, but well worth the money, also includes the line drawings in 1/72 and 1/48 scales.

I have to for warn you, the shape of the Trumpeter F-14's are wrong. I would stick with the Tamiya Tomcat's. I would rather build and put the work into the Tamiya kit than bother with Trumpeters Dog! The only 2 things I like about the Trumpeter F-14's are the recessed panel lines and the level of detail. The Trumpeter F-14’s looks nice once finished but Not Accurate.

Just my 2 cents

Happy Modeling

In case you don't know what the NACES seats look like, they are the same seats found in Rhinos. As for swapping parts like those, I'm not exactly sure. I've never built a Trumpy or Tamiya model of an F-14 before, but I think that swapping the bomb railings is easy. All you have to do is check the fit, modify it to make it fit in perfectly, remove any locator pins that are in the way, and just glue it on. Stuff like that are easy to swap...after all, they're just ordinance parts anyway.

Jason :cheets: