CF-18 Hornet in 1:32 scale

Hi there.

Many of you have read My build thread so have seen this as a work in progress, but I thought I'd show off some natural light photos of the finished product.

Please excuse all the out of scale plants in the background. My wife thinks our deck should resembly the jungles of South East Asia...

This model isn't going to win any contests, but it's still probably in "Dave's Top 10" best personal works. As much as I can't help but see all the mistakes I made, I'm still very happy with how it turned out.

Imgp0293.jpg

IMGP0294.jpg

IMGP0295.jpg

IMGP0296.jpg

IMGP0297.jpg

IMGP0298.jpg

IMGP0300.jpg

Thanks, David.

Edited by RiderFan

WOW,

Looks really good, I still think the Canadian hornets look the best, dont know why, maybe Nostalgia from when they used to be in Germany. Still, great kit dude, and I agree, if I could produce anything that was even close to how good that is, I would be a happy man. Congrats on a great build.

Tim

Edited by mildenhall rules
And on another note, if the decking has to look like South East Asia, a few SEA Phantoms and Corsairs would fit in lovely :cheers: !

Cheers

Tim

LOL.. I have a 1:32 Phantom in the works (I'm currently fiddling with the cockpit) but it's going to be IIAF desert colours. Now a Corsair, one of my favourite aircraft with a propeller on it, would certainly fit the bill...

Thanks for the comments.

David

that's a beauty Dave! Very well done! :thumbsup:

Curious on the sidewinder head colors? Almost looks like a greenish blue.

'St Lawrence Blue' model railroad colour from Poly Scale. The closest I had that matched the head colour found in these photos;

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....t&p=2029538

I'm sure there's an FS number for these markings but so far I've found no definitive style guide for missiles. In fact every photo and kit instruction I have going back years has different band and colour styles so there really doesn't seem to be hard and fast rules.

The sidewinders are being held in place by a couple of small drops of white elmers glue. So if I get better reference material on missles, I can just pull those off with no problem and build up the other pair that come with the kit. I like the blue because it adds some colour to an otherwise grey model. I really wanted the all blue body and full fins, but we don't use those ones anymore.

thanks

David

'St Lawrence Blue' model railroad colour from Poly Scale. The closest I had that matched the head colour found in these photos;

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....t&p=2029538

I'm sure there's an FS number for these markings but so far I've found no definitive style guide for missiles. In fact every photo and kit instruction I have going back years has different band and colour styles so there really doesn't seem to be hard and fast rules.

The sidewinders are being held in place by a couple of small drops of white elmers glue. So if I get better reference material on missles, I can just pull those off with no problem and build up the other pair that come with the kit. I like the blue because it adds some colour to an otherwise grey model. I really wanted the all blue body and full fins, but we don't use those ones anymore.

thanks

David

thanks David - I see now. I think they look fine, and those are good reference shots.

Very, very nice, David ... :woo:

I know I'd be proud to have that on my shelf ... ;)

Gregg

Yeah I'd put that on my shelf too!!!

Excellent job, did you use the Decals for the false canopy?

Emil

Cracking build David :salute:

Your CF-188 turned out beautifully. Thanks for taking the time to post up these finished shots which I've thoroughly enjoyed studying.

It's been a pleasure to follow along with your build and so thanks also for all of the pointers, they'll come in very useful. :wub:

:wub: