Airbrush arsenal

Just curious on what everyone here uses.

Mine include:

Iwata eclipse HP-CS for general use

Badger sotar 20/20 for detail work and future spraying

My trusty paasche H for large jobs.

Iwata Eclipse BCS w/ .35mm needle

Paasche H

And to collect dust and be a big POS the Paasche VL, never use it. The only thing useful outta it was the color cup and jar to use on the Iwata Eclipse BCS.

Edited by BlueNosers352nd

These are the ones that I use. Not daily, or maybe not even once a month, but they are within reach from my table.

3x Olympos MP-200 for different kinds of detail work or when I want something that I can't blame for the crappy results.

Olympos HP-100C for basic things, when I just want to get some small thing done.

Olympos HP-100B for mostly things like preshading panellines.

Olympos HP-102C for large areas and clear cotes.

Grex XG for alround work. This is my demo airbrush, but it has started to become a favorite. It's a good airbrush, and easier to clean than most.

Iwata HP-CS which used to be my alround airbrush. The XG has started to take it's place though.

Here's what I have at the moment:

Badger:

200 (I don't use it anymore)

Grex:

XN

H&S:

Evolution-Silverline

Infinity 2 in 1

Iwata:

HP-BCS Eclipse

HP-CS Eclipse

HP-B+

HP-C+

Paasche:

VL

Richpen:

Apollo 113C

Tamiya:

HG

HG-Trigger type

2 Iwata clones.

My next AB with either be an Iwata CM-C+ or a Richpen 213C ML "Mojo". I still haven't decided yet because there seems to a contraversy as to which is best?

Oh...and I almost forgot. A Wagner power spray! :pray:

:thumbsup:

Edited by Cyrus Tan
My next AB with either be an Iwata CM-C+ or a Richpen 213C ML "Mojo". I still haven't decided yet because there seems to a contraversy as to which is best?

:thumbsup:

It depends on what you are looking for. I've owned both, and they both have their pros and cons.

These are the ones that I use. Not daily, or maybe not even once a month, but they are within reach from my table.

3x Olympos MP-200 for different kinds of detail work or when I want something that I can't blame for the crappy results.

Olympos HP-100C for basic things, when I just want to get some small thing done.

Olympos HP-100B for mostly things like preshading panellines.

Olympos HP-102C for large areas and clear cotes.

Grex XG for alround work. This is my demo airbrush, but it has started to become a favorite. It's a good airbrush, and easier to clean than most.

Iwata HP-CS which used to be my alround airbrush. The XG has started to take it's place though.

Hi Denstore. Impressive brushes you got there! I've never seen an Olympos first hand, but I've heard good things about them especially the MP-200 considered to be the best Micron. Though parts are hard to find at least here in the US let alone the AB. Also, I believe the needle packing is rubber so that won't work for me since I use solvent and lacquer based paint. I have to agree with you about the Grex line. They are a bit easier to clean, but the needles are a bit soft IMO. I wish they offered a crown cap too to get in tight without to much blow back. Sure I can always remove the cap to fully expose the needlle, but I don't want to risk benting the needle and poking or scratching a model. Maybe they will come out with one in the future?

It depends on what you are looking for. I've owned both, and they both have their pros and cons.
Which do you prefer and why? To me the Mojo looks bulky and the trigger seems too close to the cup and it doesn't look comfortable either, but I've never tried one so I don't know for sure. On the upside, parts are a little cheaper $35 for a nozzle and $11? for a needle. Iwata CM- nozzle $47 and $19 for a needle. You can almost buy a HP CR for that. :shoot:
Hi Denstore. Impressive brushes you got there! I've never seen an Olympos first hand, but I've heard good things about them especially the MP-200 considered to be the best Micron. Though parts are hard to find at least here in the US let alone the AB. Also, I believe the needle packing is rubber so that won't work for me since I use solvent and lacquer based paint.

Yes, the rubber seals could be problematic if you use to agressive thinners. But I use acrylics for 99% of my modelling. And if I really would need a Micron for use with enamels or lacquers, I could go with Iwata packings.

I have to agree with you about the Grex line. They are a bit easier to clean, but the needles are a bit soft IMO. I wish they offered a crown cap too to get in tight without to much blow back. Sure I can always remove the cap to fully expose the needlle, but I don't want to risk benting the needle and poking or scratching a model. Maybe they will come out with one in the future?

Have you checked if a crown cap from a Iwata would fit? The XN is very close to the HP-B, and a crown cab for a HP-B would probably not set you back that much.

Which do you prefer and why? To me the Mojo looks bulky and the trigger seems too close to the cup and it doesn't look comfortable either, but I've never tried one so I don't know for sure. On the upside, parts are a little cheaper $35 for a nozzle and $11? for a needle. Iwata CM- nozzle $47 and $19 for a needle. You can almost buy a HP CR for that. :coolio:

The Mojo is large, and heavy, but it has fenomenal pointability and it does detail at a further distance than any other airbrush I have tried. The downside is that it isn't as smooth as the Custom Micron. But you get solid detailing performance for the money. And as you say, the parts are reasonable priced. A bonus is that the Learns seem to be service minded, and will help you with whatever problem that might appear.

The CM-C+ was a bit of a disappointment to me. It's just not properly balanced in my opinion. With the Mac-valve, it becomes to long on the front, and I never got along with it. The standard CM-C is a much better balanced airbrush, IMHO.

Badger 200 for my enamals

Omini 4000 for big jobs and other paints.

I am still waiting for a part for the Omini it's been on back order for over a year now.. I can still use it but I need a new barrel the needle slides into It's bent (not the needle)

Don923(flylo)