1/48 Israeli AF F-22I "Shamar"

Well, it's finally finished! 2 months of great fun, joy and more fun building, has concluded with a hypothetical F-22 of the Israeli Air Force. I'm absolutely thrilled by the way she has turned out. With the colors, self mods and Python 4s on her, it really makes her look more mean and colorful than her American cousins. I gave her the Hebrew name "Shamar", which can be found in the Hebrew Bible which literally means to guard from attack. Which sounds quite an appropriate Hebrew name for an F-22 as its primary mission is to establish total air supremacy in the defense of Israel. I really love the finish on this build now! Much better and smoother than my past builds. But I won't be entering her into any competitions. I don't build to enter competitions, doesn't quite suit my taste. Anyway enough talks now, here she is in all her glory! Enjoy! :wub:

WIP thread can be found >>HERE<<

CIMG2190.jpg

CIMG2191.jpg

CIMG2192.jpg

CIMG2193.jpg

CIMG2194.jpg

CIMG2196.jpg

CIMG2197.jpg

CIMG2200.jpg

CIMG2201.jpg

CIMG2208.jpg

More to come! :D

Edited by Qian

AWESOME, BRO! THAT IS JUST COOL! I love the paint scheme, love the weapons, and I basically just loved the idea of an Israeli Raptor. My hat's off to you, Qian ;)

Honestly, it's a lot better than expected...of all the planes to modify, it's probably the F-22 that's the hardest to do so. But you pulled it off real nicely. And in only two months...man...something like that takes me a year to finish!

Jason

Edited by Jason Amigo
  • 7 months later...

Hi all. A lot has happened to my F-22I since I completed this baddie nearly 7 months ago. My Shamar has been refurbished and enhanced further to get it ready for a competition next month. And like every band that gets a new look upon the release of a new album, my Shamar has also undergone a 'make up'. ;) Firstly, with the metallic sheen proven to be a complete success on my previous Have Glass Viper, the dry brushing of Flat Aluminium was also applied to this F-22I which gave an effect that pleased me a lot!

Next came the nose. We all know the early batches of Academy Raptors all have that incorrect nose that is too blunt and short. I chose to fix it with epoxy putty and sanded down. Took 3 sessions of applying and sanding before I was satisfied with the new nose profile. :) I also replaced the left wing tank with a Popeye missile from the Skunkworks IDF weapon set to give it a more wicked look.

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Look ma! SHEEN!! :D

Picture009.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture012.jpg

I hope you've enjoyed looking at the additional pictures!

:coolio:

The updates looks good. I'm not a huge fan of the drybrushed aluminium, but as with all metals, it probably looks a lot better in real life than as a camera photo. Although I can certainly appreciate that 'worn' look you went for. Great work!

Thanks PetarB. And you are right with the sheen. The pictures don't do good justice. Forgive me as I used a new camera to take the pics and am not used to it yet so it is partly my fault. It does look a lot better in real life! :thumbsup:

Qian

AWESOME ..... your tenacity and fortitude in builidng this GOERGOUES looking Shamar shows how STUNNING it has turned out to be.......

Love the camoflage colors and you did a FABULOUS job on this..

The loadout is to die for.. :coolio:

BRAVO...!!! :salute::yahoo::yahoo:

Thanks a lot guys! Glad that you like the further enhanced Shamar. And Aggressor, good idea! A Strike Shamar sounds cool. Now if only we can add a Sniper pod to it.. Nah, then it won't be a Stealth plane anymore. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys! :)

@TomcatRIO: Best of luck to the Airfix Cup to you as well! Yup, I remember your Barad in one of your threads. Perhaps we can park our entries side by side during the public viewing day! :) :lol: