• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

By Tankfarms:

Tamiya 1/72 F-117A Nighthawk

I'd say F-117 is yet the most famous jet that got brought into the spot light under the news media. I still remember the time wathing it on CNN especially the night-vision refuling footage of this airplane. The missions it carried out during the first gulf war was simply amazing, and I also think it is exact this airplane that led the use of LGB/smart bombs to public attention. Too bad it got retired in 2008. I sure wish to see this baby fly again.

This is my first ever aircraft diorama. The base is paper-based. I didn't do it right, and you can still see some wrinkles.

Kit is from the old 1/72 Tamiya kit. The weapon bay doors were wrong as you may know, so I had to re-do that part so that it shows the weapon bay doors drop down open on the center line of the fusalage belly. Ground crew is from Hasegawa, and I'd say it's one of the best 1/72 ground equipment series out there.

Enjoy the pictures.

GulfWar20Years_F117_07.jpg

GulfWar20Years_F117_08.jpg

GulfWar20Years_F117_09.jpg

GulfWar20Years_F117_10.jpg

GulfWar20Years_F117_03.jpg

By Tankfarms:

Tamiya 1/35 HMMWV

Also, I built this Humvee the same time---I simply wanted to make the most out of this desert storm group build. So I picked it. I'd say that the Humvee and F-117 were icons of the ground/air equipment at that time.

GulfWar20Years_HUMVEE_10.jpg

GulfWar20Years_HUMVEE_24.jpg

GulfWar20Years_HUMVEE_26.jpg

GulfWar20Years_HUMVEE_14.jpg

GulfWar20Years_HUMVEE_06.jpg

Revell 1:72 Gr1 Tornado

ZA491 "Nikki", RAF Muharraq Detachment

immagine192.jpg

immagine196y.jpg

immagine198t.jpg

immagine188d.jpg

Some pics with the completed base and two little Spike! Sorry for the bad quality but take pics with bad weather...

fgdnc.jpg[/url][/img]

asswn.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine212f.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine235f.jpg[/url][/img]

lru1.jpg[/url][/img]

Build Thread

Edited by Benner

ESCI 1/48 Jaguar GR.1, XX733, Pink Spitfire flown from RAF JAGDET, Bahrain. Had to violate a couple of no-no's to get her done in 3 weeks, also just couldn't leave the outer pylons empty (it's like a wheel well on a car without a wheel in it), the kit didn't come with any stores for the outer pylons or over wing missile rails. The CBU-87's were from the Hasegawa Japanese weapon set. The Desert Pink was made by mixing 15-20 drops of Vallejo-Air Hull Red in bottle of Vallejo-Air Sand. The burnt steel weathering around the gun ports was a good idea until the flash hit it and made it look blue. Anyways, here she is...

02282011191.jpg

02282011190.jpg

02282011189.jpg

02282011172.jpg

02282011159.jpg

02282011148.jpg

02282011144.jpg

Woah,

a large group of Jaguar lately! :)

Very nice guys, Congratulations to all for your models! :bandhead2:

Gianni

Yup, the Jags were out taking care of business! Great models all, what's the next GB?

• 1 year later...