Seeing as the Challenger II was a bit of a mess up on my part (sorry guys for that),

I'd like to enter this in the GB, Revell's 1:72 T-72 M1.

I have checked through the six kits I have bought for this GB and I believe this kit is the only one that

fits the time line. Possibly two others are OK, I just need to do some research. That just proves 'check the rules'.

Cheers

Deacon

T-72 approved ;)

just out of curiosity, what were the other kits you purchased?

T-72 approved :thumbsup:

just out of curiosity, what were the other kits you purchased?

Thanks Benner.

The other kits are:

Tornado F Mk. 3 'Operation Telic'.

Humvee Cargo/Troop Transport (decals for later Gulf War, but I'm guessing some vehicles had no markings on them for Desert Storm)

Humvee Gun Truck (as above)

Warrior MCV (decals for later Gulf War)

All 1:72

Deacon

Edited by Deacon
Humvee Cargo/Troop Transport (decals for later Gulf War, but I'm guessing some vehicles had no markings on them for Desert Storm)

i'm about 99% sure they were marked in some fashion - they had at a minimum (at least Army wise) unit identification data on the bumpers - though having never handled a hmmwv kit - I can't say if it shows that properly or not on the box/instructions.

seriously, the army NOT mark something? hahahaha - seriously doubt it.... not to mention that they were introduced in the 80's - so by the time of the gulf war, every vehicle was properly marked.

Hi Folks

Mr B checking in with for now a HobbyBoss 1/48 Tornado ADV - Royal Saudi Air Force. Might add in the IDS varient too not too sure yet........

Thanks Benner

Rgds

Mr B

I'm throwing my hat in the ring with a Hobby Boss F-111A kit built up as an F-111E (Don't worry, I haven't gone crazy, the kit has all of the sprues for the proper parts for the intakes and other stuff to do a correct E model).

Trent

yeah I know, I've only done the wings on my Tonka, but I promise I'll continue work as soon as my move is done.

but here's another kit I wanna build

Revell 1/144 A-10

Decals in the kit come with marking options for Spang and Pope, which didn't have A-10s during the DS. I'll probably try to make custom decals myself but I am wondering, did all A-10s had nose arts? did they get them before the deployment or upon arrival to their desert bases? I won't be able to make such small decals and I'd prefer to use only clear decal paper with black ink for tail codes and serial numbers only

Decals in the kit come with marking options for Spang and Pope, which didn't have A-10s during the DS. I'll probably try to make custom decals myself but I am wondering, did all A-10s had nose arts? did they get them before the deployment or upon arrival to their desert bases? I won't be able to make such small decals and I'd prefer to use only clear decal paper with black ink for tail codes and serial numbers only

Nah, not all of them had nose art, and if they did, many just had it on the inside of the stepladder door. Many, if not all of them, did have mission markings though, but you could always build yours as it were at the start of the war.

I got a 72 F-15 coming from the ARC raffle. I may include that in the build but not sure if it's the right designation for the time period. Will have to wait till I get it. I wanna say the model's an E but not sure. I would most likely have to get decals but thats ok.

I don't even know if Es were in the war.

That is an impressive list of models to be completed for the build. Little over 2 months remaining!

Edited by Bigasshammm

I know I haven't finished my second build for this GB yet, but I'd like to add this one to the list.

ICM's URAL 4320 truck. I hope to use this and the other two builds in a very simple (hopefully) diorama.

New001.jpg

Cheers

Deacon

I got a 72 F-15 coming from the ARC raffle. I may include that in the build but not sure if it's the right designation for the time period. Will have to wait till I get it. I wanna say the model's an E but not sure. I would most likely have to get decals but thats ok.

I don't even know if Es were in the war.

That is an impressive list of models to be completed for the build. Little over 2 months remaining!

If I'm correct, you won a F-15D in the raffle, not an E. Both models were in the war, although the only a few D's deployed. All the D's came from the 1st TFW at Langley AFB. You can get decals for a 1st TFW from Wolfpak decals, sheet 72-019 has an option for F-15C (single seater) 83-0017, which can be modified to F-15D 83-0047 fairly easily by cutting the 1 from the WP sheet and using the 4 from the kit decals instead. (I'm talking about the tailnumbers here, under the FF tailcode).

Also, I would strongly suggest to replace the kit exhausts with some aftermarket ones, Aires has a very nice pair of featherless exhausts. They are designed for the Hasegawa kit, but might fit just as well on the Revell kit.

Here's a couple pics of 83-0047 in the Gulf:

83-0047_1.jpg

83-0047_2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ooops, I almost missed posting my proposed build in this section! I plan on doing a 1/72 Syracuse ANG F-16A as seen on the one day that they used the GPU-5 gunpod. My starting kit is the Hasegawa 1/72 F-16A Thunderbirds issue. Let's hear it for the Boys From Syracuse!

Have fun modeling!

Mike

:explode:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK folks,

I think I can squeeze this one under the wire since they can't send me anywhere down range due to a Visa renewal issue. I have the infamous ESCI 1/48 Sepecat Jaguar GR.1 in the Desert Storm boxing (I know, not another Jag). Plan on building OOB with an aftermarket decal set, the Pink Spitfire markings look nice. I really don't plan on spending too much time spackling this kit, but will do my best within reason to make a nice model for the average viewer (a 10 footer perhaps).

So far, there have been some fantastic models finished for the GB, wish I had half the skill some of you have.

"Lets Roll"!

Edited by bashace