Throw another Mig21 into the fire. This time the Fujimi Mig-21Bis in 1:72 with a hodgepodge of decals and weapons from a revell SU-24

Edited by RKic
  • 2 weeks later...
Would like to build Tornado with JP223s... In Saudi colours... but as it looks, Saudis didn't get JP223s... so I'll probably build Saudi one with free fallers...

And possibly A-7E VA-46 and F-14A... depends on the time I'll have...

actually, they did, they were only used on the first night. After that, they stopped with the low level attacks.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to join with a Monogram 1/48 A-10. I will be using donated decals to represent an aircraft that was actually deployed to the operational theatre. I have a Black Box cockpit set with the kit.

Looking forward to this GB.

ALF

Not sure if it's too late but I just discovered this site a week or so ago and I'm currently working on a 1/72nd A-6E Intruder VA-36 "Roadrunners" USN. This is the desert camo themed A-6 aboard USS Theodore Roosevelt during Operation DESERT STORM Jan 1991.

If I could be included in the GB that'd be great if not I'll still throw some pics up eventually. Although I am amateur at best compared to everything I've seen on here.

EDIT: I started this model only about 2 weeks ago. It's past the 30% complete stage so I'm not sure if anyone would want to include it. I'm currently in limbo after paint waiting on either more clear coat or to try my hand, finally, at Future. I need to find some Future somewhere first though.

Edited by Bigasshammm
If I could be included in the GB that'd be great if not I'll still throw some pics up eventually. Although I am amateur at best compared to everything I've seen on here.

EDIT: I started this model only about 2 weeks ago. It's past the 30% complete stage so I'm not sure if anyone would want to include it. I'm currently in limbo after paint waiting on either more clear coat or to try my hand, finally, at Future. I need to find some Future somewhere first though.

Since you didn't start your build before the GB started, your A-6 is more than welcome.

And so are you, welcome to ARC, and welcome to the GB :worship:

Don't worry about the quality of your build, what matters is if you have fun with it.

VAW-124 CVW-8 E-2C. USN Kit I recieved from Waco, and Afterburner decals. 1/48

HS-3 CVW-8 H-60 USN, out of the box. Iterleri 1/48

437 sq CC-137 (tanker) CAF 1/72

Think I might add a VAQ-141 EA-6B Revell, Superscale decals 1/48

Ok, ended up doing the prowler. Figure there should be time fir one more. What's a group build without me doing a phantom?

Therefore a 1/48 hasegawa f-4g is going to get started tomorrow. 90th fs.

Therefore a 1/48 hasegawa f-4g is going to get started tomorrow. 90th fs.

Cool, another Phantom by Phantom.

But...!

(Oh boy, here I go again, evil mode Pete strikes again)

The 90th TFS never deployed with F-4G's to the Gulf, another squadron of the Clark based 3rd TFW, the 3rd TFS, did send 6 F-4E's with Pave Tacks to Incirlik, of which only 4 made it, and the pods arrived to late to be used. They did send some aircrews for possible attrition, but casualty rate was much lower than expected.

The F-4G units that did see combat were the 23rd TFS and 81st TFS from the 52nd TFW at Spangdahlem AB (SP tailcode) and the 561st TFS from the 35th TFW at George AFB (WW tailcode).

I hope you can find decals for these units, I'd still love to see an F-4G from you.

BTW, you can check the units and their mounts at this site: www.dstorm.eu

Edited by Pete

GRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, ok after re-reading the Extremely nice Afterburner decal sheet it would appear your right. Crap.

Ok, 81st squadron it is. (Fox One decals are in the stash)

Do you know if they had yellow or blue tail stripes?

Edited by phantom
Do you know if they had yellow or blue tail stripes?

The 81st had yellow tailstripes.

When this GB is over you can drag me to townsquare and throw tomatoes at me and Benner, for spoiling GB fun :)

The 81st had yellow tailstripes.

When this GB is over you can drag me to townsquare and throw tomatoes at me and Benner, for spoiling GB fun :)

why drag me into this? I'm not the evil mod! :huh:

I'll be doing a Werner's Wings/Monogram 1/48th scale AH-1F using all the Werner's Wings products including the decals, rocket pods, TOW racks, update set and IPS. This will be the aircraft that I flew in Desert Storm so it is very near and dear to my heart.

Floyd

this will certainly be cool, I look forward to this as I plan on building one too. Will you build a "mini-me" to sit in the cockpit? :)

• 2 weeks later...

For my second build I bought Tamiya's 48th A-10A. Looking for suggestions to paint scheme and marking as I'm open to anything. Idk much of anything about DS and you all are the experts as I'm sure many of you were in it. I have 2 boxes of the Hase 1/48th weapons so I'll definitely be able to load her down. Just not sure how to paint or mark her. Idk if the kit decals are accurate to DS or what.

Ideally I'd love to do a desert camo but I don't think A-10s ever had a desert scheme. I may even do a grey one if need be as every other A-10 you see is green camo. I like to be different!

Anyway I'm open to buying a decal sheet so lead me in some directions. I'm not much for scratchbuilding or modifying so if the kit is totally off from a DS A-10 then let me know and I'll just build it for fun.

Kris

Seeing as the Challenger II was a bit of a mess up on my part (sorry guys for that),

I'd like to enter this in the GB, Revell's 1:72 T-72 M1.

I have checked through the six kits I have bought for this GB and I believe this kit is the only one that

fits the time line. Possibly two others are OK, I just need to do some research. That just proves 'check the rules'.

Cheers

Deacon