VF-1J Super Valkyrie

Hi everyone,

Just finished my Hasesgawa 72scale VF-1J in "Black Aces" livery and thot i share the joy. I did this almost straight out of box, minus some minor touch up here and there. Painting wise was also pretty straight forward as well, with pre-shading and followed by base colors. As i kinda like the brightly colored markings as it is, i decided to do it almost void of weathering and coated semi-gloss finishing, just to give it that eye candy feel.

It feels good to be able to finally finish something, and a subject tat actually didn't involve any research.. :jaw-dropping: . I'll let the pictures do the talking. Feedback/ comment welcome please.

Cheers :jaw-dropping:

Chris

v001s.jpg

v002s.jpg

v003s.jpg

This is a very impressively finished model of a deceptively difficult kit. I got VF-1 Strike Valkyrie and a VE-1 when they first came out and they are still waiting until I think my modeling skill is good enough.

It´s the gawa way ....

Gorgeous VF-1, Chris! Didn´t know you´re into macross.

I gotta get me the 1/48th scale VF-1 one of these days.....

Inspiring work dude! :sign_spam:

Yo Janne, glad u dropped by :wave: Thanks for ur kind words but i have my reservations on the 48 scale version... then again, tat's another story for another thread altogether...

This is a very impressively finished model of a deceptively difficult kit. I got VF-1 Strike Valkyrie and a VE-1 when they first came out and they are still waiting until I think my modeling skill is good enough.

Hi Spejic, i can't agree with u more. it is indeed a kit tat isn't so straight forward. Strangely though, i went on to work on my second kit right after this one.. and guess wat? it's the VE-1...LOL

Stay tuned :sign_spam: