Shooting star (F80, T33, F94) family decals in 1/72?

I won a model lot on ebay that had multiple copies of the F80, T33 and F94 in 1/72 (Airfix & Heller kits). Other than a sheet with some South American aircraft all I have seen are long out of print Microscale / Superscale decals.

Are any decal makers currently doing decals for these aircraft in 1/72 or do I have to rely on Ebay to find some Microscale / Superscale sets?

I won a model lot on ebay that had multiple copies of the F80, T33 and F94 in 1/72 (Airfix & Heller kits). Other than a sheet with some South American aircraft all I have seen are long out of print Microscale / Superscale decals.

Are any decal makers currently doing decals for these aircraft in 1/72 or do I have to rely on Ebay to find some Microscale / Superscale sets?

Icarus decals did a sheet for Greek T-33s, and I think these are still available at Hannants for example. I think Platz did a JASDF T-33 sheet, but that will be difficult to find I guess.

I´m hoping that the imminent release of the Sword and Platz T-33s will trigger the aftermarket (decal) guys......

I think the Aztek sheet is the "South American" sheet I saw, there are some nice schemes on there. I never thought much of the F80 but it certainly did get around, so offers a lot of options for markings.

Thanks, I have a few more options to watch for.

Icarus decals did a sheet for Greek T-33s, and I think these are still available at Hannants for example. I think Platz did a JASDF T-33 sheet, but that will be difficult to find I guess.

I´m hoping that the imminent release of the Sword and Platz T-33s will trigger the aftermarket (decal) guys......

Are these kits going to be 1/72? I just ordered a Sword RF-80 kit, but didn't know anything about a straight F-80 coming out (other than their 1/32 kits). The Airfix kit isn't bad but a new kit would be welcome.

Edited by Aaronw

There is a currently available Mark I. Ltd / 4+ Publications book for the T-33, which include a set of decals (1/72, 1/48 or 1/32, at your choice). Link for the 1/72 set at Modelimex:

http://www.modelimex.com/detail/publicatio...ngs-1-72-decals

In addition, you have some OOP decal sets from Microscale, but you can get them from eBay.

Microscale 72-133 T-33 Shooting Star BLUE ANGELS

Microscale 72-142 F-80 Shooting Stars

Microscale 72-239 Korean War Aces, T-33A/F-80C, F-86F, T-6G

Microscale 72-244 Korean War Aces #2: include a F-80C 8th FBW, 36th FBS

Superscale 72-244 Korean War Aces #2: a reedition of the former set under the Superscale brand.

Microscale 72-269 F-80's Shooting Stars

Microscale 72-270 F-80's Shooting Stars: P-80A's Maximum Goose / Minimum Goose, F-80C Strip’n’Stare

Microscale 72-388 F-80C's

Microscale 72-389 F-80C's Kansas Tornado 16th FIS; The Spirit of Hobo 80 th FBS; Baby Doll II 41st FIS

Microscale 72-406 Latin America T-33A’s Nicaraguan Guatemalian Mexican

Microscale 72-408 T-33’s of the Bolivian, Brazilian and Cuban Air Forces

Microscale 72-409 T-33’s of the Dominican, Uruguayan, Peruvian and Chilean Air Forces.

Microscale 72-741 F-94B’s Oregon ANG, 61st, 65th & 68th FIS

Microscale 72-??? F-94B’s 5th, 61st & 319th FIS (I'm sorry, I don't have the ref. num. for this set)

I hope it helps you.

Regards

Joaquin

I'm game for a set of 1:72 F-94C markings, myself. Those that have been published are long out of print, and I'm not too keen on using the kit decals.

Yes, there are the Skylancer Decals CW-7201 Lockheed F-94C Starfire Pt1, but I didn't add them to the list because Aarown asked for Heller F-94B suitable decals.

I'm also trying to lay my hands on 1/72 F-94C decals for my F-94C Emhar kits. The only option I know is the Skylancer F-94C set. The problem is they are really scarce. About two months ago, I saw the first Skylancer F-94C set after years of searching at eBay. I bid for it, but it reached $45.44, an exorbitant price for me, and I lost the auction. Not a bad price, taking into account the manufacturer's original price was $6.75!

I hope someone, someday (Wolfpak, maybe?) release a decal sheet for the F-94C, because I feel the Skylancer one is out of my price range.

Regards

Joaquin

Edited by Joaquin PM