Iran wants their Tomcat ...

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Considering the actions of the feds regarding spare/possibly usable tomcat parts Id say this was more than just a stupid idea/request by whomever did it. The feds went as far as confiscating museum pieces, shredding every single part not in the boneyard, and quickly shred and recycled those in the boneyard. All to ensure Iran didnt get any leftovers. Now you think well send you a whole tomcat? In 10 years when you have a whole new government, structure, leadership and philosophy, then you can have your tomcat as a museum piece.......

May be he wants those that are already in the shredder.....re-assembly may be somewhat difficult.. :rofl:

It would be SO hard to scribe them and the riveting would simply take ages ;and the sanding , the seams will be difficult to piece together I think...

and what about the wheel bays would they get the right dimensions...... it 'd be a hell of job to get the Decals.. ....and if they lost any parts to the PALACE CARPET MONSTER

well it may be a tad difficult to do a swap, you know what I mean.....I just sooner forget it and let IT GO.... :cheers:

They received 79 of the 80 they bought. But as I recall, they took over our embassy in November of 1979, which I'm fairly certain nullified their contract.

Too bad, so sad!

:woot.gif:

J

You know, there's almost nothing in that report that even resembles sense or intelligence. If Mr General doesn't know that only one of Iran's F-14s was retained, what part of Iran's armed forces is he actually in charge of? Or could this be the Tehran Times whipping up synthetic anti-US sentiment? (As no well-known US news network would ever do in reverse, of course...)

Wait...are you talking about the EIGHTIETH F-14 that wasn't delivered???????? Oh come on...(if this goes through however, at least we'll be able to see another brand new F-14..that's the only upside :woot.gif:)

Jason

You'd have thought they'd know that the remaining 'Cats are now Coke cans, so why not just ask for your money back? With 30-odd years interest on top, it'd come in handy!

Vince

I suspect that money is what is ultimately behind this, I'm not sure there is anyone who is "knowledgeable" about military affairs that isn't aware that the Tomcats were destroyed. I wonder why they aren't making a big fuss about the Ayatollah Class (or Kidd class to be PC) Destroyers that they paid for and weren't delivered? I'm positive that in terms of real dollars those 4 ships cost more than ONE Tomcat. Besides, the Ayatollah Class DD's were just sold to Taiwan a few years back and used they went for $732 mill for the 4 ships. Either way, good luck Iran, you'll need it!

Rick

Edited by madmanrick

Oh well.... I knew it was just a matter of time before someone would notice....

I've had it since it came off the line. Someone just left the keys in it and I couldn't resist. It handles well but the brakes suck.