Iran wants their Tomcat ...

Don't laugh. They're going to kick some *** at next year's Red Bull Flugtag.

Bwahahahahaha! :worship: I know you said don't laugh, but I just couldn't help it.

Although one wonders how this will affect US politics. Hastily chopping up the Tomcats after discovering the Iranians still fly their Tomcats, how will US lawmakers react now? Will people be required to turn in their lawnmowers so as to deprive the Iranians of a source of spare parts for the Bavar engines? After effectively putting an end to USN Tomcats, will the Iranians now kill John Deere? :P

Iran seems to have a brain freeze when it comes to designing aircraft. In recent news they literally claim to have designed aircraft which were in essence copycats of the originals...such as the Cricket the worlds smallest twin engine aircraft. They're conversion of an
into one with a V tail. Just the other day they unveiled their fleet of Bavar 2's

They apparently have been out purchasing plans for other aircraft as well. Rumors are they are going to release yet another popular home built design as their own. The designers and kit plane mfrs are none to happy about this.

Make that video sepia or B&W and it would look like it came straight out of the 1920's

Bwahahahahaha! :thumbsup: I know you said don't laugh, but I just couldn't help it.

Although one wonders how this will affect US politics. Hastily chopping up the Tomcats after discovering the Iranians still fly their Tomcats, how will US lawmakers react now? Will people be required to turn in their lawnmowers so as to deprive the Iranians of a source of spare parts for the Bavar engines? After effectively putting an end to USN Tomcats, will the Iranians now kill John Deere? :yahoo:

Nah, the John Deere Lobby is much more powerful than the Northrop/Grumman Lobby ... :D

Gregg