Guys, couple of quick questions:-

1. What block does the Italeri/Platz kit represent (not sure if it's a block 10 or 20?
  2. Is the white Insignia White or something else?
  3. Are the undersides of the wings also white?

Many thanks in advance!

Chris

1. What block does the Italeri/Platz kit represent (not sure if it's a block 10 or 20?

Block 10, RQ-4A configuration. The Block 20/RQ-4B is really a completely different airplane.

White

Yes

:woot.gif:

J

Have to say I'm getting somewhat confused now!

From what I can work out, the kit provides markings as follows:

04-2015 - RQ-4B Block 20

04-2019 - ??

04-2020 - RQ-4B Block 20

If my understanding is right the kit is a block 20 as it has a much bulkier front end and longer wings than the pics of the earlier a/c (e.g 02-2011 which I think is a block 10) ??

Guys, couple of quick questions:-

Many thanks in advance!

Chris

Chris, I started working on my kit today. I also was on the Beale AFB website getting pics. One thing I was wondering how I was going to accomplish, is painting the engine intake white, and mask the curvature. But looking at pics of the real thing, I saw at least one aircraft where the intake was grey. The instructions say white - but I am going the lazy route and doing grey. Just an FYI

from what I have seen the bottom of the wings are grey

Funnily enough, I'd literally just come to the same conclusion! One word of advice - when you glue the fuselage halves together, you'll find a seam you can't get rid of - filler doesn't seem to sit in it... I ended up using superglue to fill it which was the only thing that worked - it's almost like the edges were rounded off in the mould? You may need to sand down the underside of the bottom wing sections as they sit proud when they shouldn't - other than that, it's a really nice kit... I would have painted mine this weekend if it weren't for the fact that I've had to move house at short notice!

Chris

Guys - another quick comment....

The topsides of the wings are definitely white, but the latest pics I've seen show that the undersides are dark grey - assume this is a block 20/30 thing?

Also the kit suggests Gunship Grey (FS36118) but the pics I've seen are much darker - more like Euro1 Grey (FS36081).

Can anyone assist?