Alaska Airlines Boeing 737-800

i have just started to build this kit since receiving the decals i have just sprayed the fuselage and added one of the decals at the moment heres a couple of pictures . Used my home made winglets rather than the horrible revell ones

The cover sheet from the decal set what the model will look like when done

Alaska737-800Boeingcolours1.jpg

The blue decal is slightly lighter than the paint i have used , but as far as i can see from the picture not much of this will show once the next decal is on . i cant decide weather to mask round the decal and then scrape it off and spray it the same blue as the rest of the model

AlaskaBoeing737-800Boeing-1.jpg

AlaskaBoeing737-800Boeing-2.jpg

Richard

Looks good so far. Here's pic I took of it in December of last year at Seatac. Hope you don't mind me posting it.

Aaron

IMG_8423.jpg

no cause not i always like to work to pictures aswell as the decal instruction sheet when making model

I think Ryanair over here in England still have a 737-800 in this colour scheme i have not yet managed to see it at my local airport to get any pictures i think the aircraft look smart in this colour scheme

just applied the decal to the right hand side heres a pictures , you cant tell the difference between the decal darlk blue been slightly lighter than the painted blue once the decal is on

AlaskaBoeing737-800Boeing-3.jpg

Richard

Oh wow it looks really awesome!

it did do till the decal broke up on me when i was trying put the decal on the other side there was no way i could recover it i hardly touched it with my finger and it came off and the right hand side decal had been on all night

anyone else doing this scheme be extremly carefull when applying the long light blue decal ,

i have since tried coating the tail Logos on the decal sheet with Acrylic sealer ( Klear) seems to strengthen the decal a bit

IF ANYONE HAS A SPARE SET THAT THEY DO DONT WANT AND WOULD SELL TO ME I WILL HAPPILY BUY IT FROM YOU PLEASE MESSAGE ME OR POST ON HERE

it is Gio Decal sheet 144-303

will post some more pitures soon with the tail logos on , but untill i get another set of decals i cant do much with the Fuselage

Richard

I was with my dad over the weekend, he was applying decals to his Panda Models B-1 Lancer and I was applying decals to my Airfix Concorde. It was the first time I have ever done decals (yes, I know, I'm a noob) and I had absolutely no problems and it came out just right. My dad, well, he has been modeling since he was like 10 and he turns 50 next month, so he has had a lot of experience. Every single decal had to tear or pretty much disintegrate. He was cussing that model for four hours, and the best part of it was the noob (me) sitting next to him had no problems at all.

I was with my dad over the weekend, he was applying decals to his Panda Models B-1 Lancer and I was applying decals to my Airfix Concorde. It was the first time I have ever done decals (yes, I know, I'm a noob) and I had absolutely no problems and it came out just right. My dad, well, he has been modeling since he was like 10 and he turns 50 next month, so he has had a lot of experience. Every single decal had to tear or pretty much disintegrate. He was cussing that model for four hours, and the best part of it was the noob (me) sitting next to him had no problems at all.

I have had no problems before it just seemed to be with this set i have over 100 models and never had this problem

I have managed to do the engines

heres a picture of them finished , i did fill the bottoms of the engines to make them more round on the bottom so when you attach them to the model they look flat to the ground

AlaskaBoeingHouse737-800Engines.jpg

Sorry about the decal ripping.

DACO/Skyline look like they are working on an Alaskan 'dreamliner' 737 sheet. Not sure when it comes out, but it might be useful.

whats the website address for that do you know , are there pictures on there of the decal

it will be usefull cause the guy in Brazil i got the decal off said he will replace it for me but he has run out of that set at the moment and needs to get one off the manufacturer so it could be a bit before i get the replacement and i am at a stop with the model untill i get the decal

thanks for the info about Daco/Skyline

Richard

whats the website address for that do you know , are there pictures on there of the decal

Can't believe that people still have problems with knowing my website :-)

http://ultra.glo.be/daco

And if you go to the link "what are we working on" in the upper left frame, then you'll find the link towards the Dreamliner decals

Otherwise: http://ultra.glo.be/daco/KSky67.html

They are still not yet to the printer

But as far as I can see, the Giodecal version doesn't give the fading of the edges as the real plane does (and my decals will)...

Danny Coremans

DACO Products

And if you go to the link "what are we working on" in the upper left frame, then you'll find the link towards the Dreamliner decals

But as far as I can see, the Giodecal version doesn't give the fading of the edges as the real plane does (and my decals will)...

Danny Coremans

DACO Products

i will definatly be buying a set of your Ryanair ones when you release them and probably the Alaska ones too if i sont get a replacement from Gio decals ive looked at the pictures of your decals they look spot on

Richard

Danny Coremans

DACO Products

These decals look fab! Put me down for a set of the Ryanair and 787 decals :thumbsup:

Any release date set?

Thanks

Vinny :bandhead2:

These decals look fab! Put me down for a set of the Ryanair and 787 decals :cheers:

Any release date set?

Thanks

Vinny :thumbsup:

Hi Vinny

i emailed Danny Direct the other day when i found out he was doing these decals , he said that he has some other decals to finish yet once they are printed the dreamliner ones will be printed with them

heres a couple more pictures of my model im as far as i can go now with the decals ripping , managed to decal the engines and winglets ok i put a few coats of sealer over them to ensure they didnt pull off

AlaskaBoeing737-800Boeing-8.jpg

AlaskaBoeing737-800Boeing-10.jpg

More to follow once i get some decals

Richard

Thank you for the info on the decals Richard :rofl:

Great work on the 737... it's a fantastic scheme but very challenging. The idea of masking curves to match up with decals freaks me out a bit. You're doing a brilliant job on it so it's very inspiring.

Thanks for sharing.

Vinny

I've found that a really good way to do that (at least in the model railroading world... LOL) is to:

1) Photocopy the decals

2) lay out a bunch of masking tape on a surface you can cut on (rubber hobby mat, glass, etc)

3) carefully place the photo copy OVER the tape, secure, and trace the photocopied decal with a REALLY sharp hobby knife

that's worked for me really well in the past...

Good luck!

I've found that a really good way to do that (at least in the model railroading world... LOL) is to:

1) Photocopy the decals

2) lay out a bunch of masking tape on a surface you can cut on (rubber hobby mat, glass, etc)

3) carefully place the photo copy OVER the tape, secure, and trace the photocopied decal with a REALLY sharp hobby knife

that's worked for me really well in the past...

Good luck!

Cool! Nice technique. I'll have to try this some day.

Thanks!

Vinny :)

• 4 months later...

yesterday i received a replacement decal from Chris Raffa but he did not put me the dark blue backing decal in so today i have masked the model off and sprayed this with the same blue as i used for the fuselage heres a picture

AlaskaBoeing737-800Boeing-11.jpg

hopefully i will have more look with the new decal

Richard

Left hand decal applied

AlaskaBoeing737-800Boeing-13.jpg

IF ANYONE ELSE IS USING THIS DECAL

I WOULD STRONGLY ADVISE SEALING EACH OF THE LONG BLUE STRIPE DECALS AS YOU PUT THEM ON CAUSE THE FIRST TIME THE DECALS ALL BROKE UP ON ME WHEN I TOUCHED THEM I ALWAYS USE KLEAR ( OR FUTURE IN THE U.S.A) TO SEAL MY DECALS

Richard