References for the EH-101 Merlin?

Dave,

I'm planning on building two in 1/72, and have (if I remember correctly) the Revell offering (whichever has the torpedoes). I assume between the Revell and Italeri boxings that they are the same mold, but I remember there were different side-items and decals between the two kits. What were they?

I've grabbed the Eduard 73-series PE and the Model Art decals for the EH-101. Any other aftermarket out there for the Merlin?

I asked about the available kits awhile back, this was the summary I was given. It does not include the new Italian Merlin kit which had not been announced at the time. I don't recall who posted it but would guess Merlin 101 contributed heavily.

Merlin Kit 101(!!!)

All based on the Italeri tooling - there are two body styles for the EHI01 - with and without the rear ramp

Italeri HAS 1 - original release, based on the first prototype, has missing window and rotor cuff. Non-ramped body

Revell HC3 - makes an HC3 virtually out the box, missing only a couple of DASS (flare?) boxes on the forward fuselage; Ramped body, twin rear wheels

Italeri Cormorant - ramped body but only single rear wheels. needs work to do a proper Cormorant

Italeri VH-71 - ramped body, single rear wheels. Needs work to do a proper VH-71

Revell HMA1 - revised version of original HAS1 kit, much better, adds weapons, extra window for the HMA1 etc. Excellent decals

Italeri HMA1 - Almost same as Revell HMA1 kit, but firther revision to correct the rotor root covers. best plastic for AS version, but poor decals.

So inspite of Italeri being an Italian company, the only versions of the Merlin you can build straight form the box are the Royal Navy or RAF versions!!