Monoplanes On the Bench, In 1/72 Of Course

I was very surprised to find anyone made a kit of the Breda Ba-27 'Metallico', and stunned I quickly found detailed information about its interior and structure on the web. It is a very obscure beast, to put it mildly. Nationalist China was the only customer, and only nine were ever delivered. The kit is a limited run offering by AZ Models (Legato). The instruments are Mike Grant decals, wonderful things. I am building this for the 'Not Your Nation' Group Build, and more can be found on this one here:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=213670

IMG_1899.jpg

IMG_1896.jpg

I began this Boeing P-26 a year and a half ago, for the old 'Interwar' Group Build. It was crowded out by other projects when I could not finish it by the group build dead-line. The similar appearance of the 'Metallico' moved me to bring it out again. The kit is the old Revell offering; it has been scribed, and the shape of the wings and elevators has been corrected. More can be found here:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=165132

IMG_1927.jpg

I have been working on this Blackburn Skua for about a month. It is the new Special Hobby model, which is a very nice piece of work, with onmly a couple of minor fit and accuracy issues. This is the first time I have used Future on a canopy, and the first time I have polished scratches out of a canopy (with baking soda on a damp paper towel and a good deal of time...).

IMG_1885.jpg

IMG_1889.jpg

Wow you work on these so much faster than I do!

So, with your first greenhouse (or, "first in a long time"?) does that mean you'll be expanding to include many of the interesting WW2 planes? Gasp! Dare I say eventually (years down the road) we can convert you!?

Heheh, not that the later planes can compete with biplanes for sheer display aesthetics.

Wow you work on these so much faster than I do!

So, with your first greenhouse (or, "first in a long time"?) does that mean you'll be expanding to include many of the interesting WW2 planes? Gasp! Dare I say eventually (years down the road) we can convert you!?

Heheh, not that the later planes can compete with biplanes for sheer display aesthetics.

Faster is relative, my friend. The P-26 was started late in 2008; brings the average up a bit....

I do intend doing a Brewster Buffalo and a P-36 pretty soon, though still in pre-war liveries.