1/72 Monogram EF-111A Raven

Pete said he could help me with the tail code but otherwise I plan on utilizing the kit decals. Not sure on options since I'm on a budget right now so the aftermarket is most likely out of the picture. If I can find more reference photos I'll see what I can scratch.

Kit comes with 66-0051 from Mountain Home (MO) so I will build it as 66-0015 of Upper Heyford (UH).

Here is one and an other.

Edited by Spectre711

Hey Ed, decals are finally on their way. I didn't store them where I usually store my decals, so that's why it took a bit longer. Love to see this beauty finished. :woo:

I did not know the Monogram kit came with Mountain Home decals. Do you know if the most recent boxing of the kit comes with Mountain Home decals? I need to find some MO decals for my Hasegawa EF-111.

John

I did not know the Monogram kit came with Mountain Home decals. Do you know if the most recent boxing of the kit comes with Mountain Home decals? I need to find some MO decals for my Hasegawa EF-111.

John

I don't know about recent, but they did do a Desert Storm boxing with Mountain Home decals.

Do you know if the most recent boxing of the kit comes with Mountain Home decals? I need to find some MO decals for my Hasegawa EF-111.

Not sure about the most recent issue. This issue has a copyright date of 1984 on it so I bought it before DS. Do you just need the MO? If so then I could send you the ones I have since I will not need them.

Send me a PM.

Edited by Spectre711
  • 6 months later...

Unfortunately I haven't gotten too far with this one. Life got in the way and then the cold weather set in. I recently picked up a spray booth thanks to Ernest but I don't think I'm going to finish this one over the weekend. I'll take a picture and post it and we will see how much I get done by the 28th. Forgot to mention that my anniversary is also this weekend so we will see how much time I get for myself. :thumbsup:

Was going to try and blast this one out when I realized Saturday morning that time would not allow for proper cure/dry times on the coatings. I then found this page with great detail shots.

Since the deadline will be long past I figured I might as well try to add some detail to this bird.

9-23-11005.jpg

Congratulations to all of those that managed to at least get one kit done and all the others that at least got started.:cheers: Maybe I'll give it a go when there is a 25th anniversary. :thumbsup:

Edited by Spectre711
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What a journey it was with this one from not finishing on time to losing the decals and haveing to aquire new ones. Then I had to dig up photos to know where they went because I couldn't find anybody that could scan the decal instructions that came with the issue of the decals. Here it is. a011.jpga010.jpga009.jpga008.jpga007.jpg

What a journey it was with this one from not finishing on time to losing the decals and haveing to aquire new ones. Then I had to dig up photos to know where they went because I couldn't find anybody that could scan the decal instructions that came with the issue of the decals. Here it is.

Congrats, you made it across the finish line! :) and with a nicely done Raven too :)

I must have missed your post about the instruction sheet; I built that kit long ago but kept the instructions. oh well.