New Badger models for you diehard Badger guys

I'm still waiting for my production sample to arrive. It should be here in soon. The one you see pictured is a pre-production sample. As far as I know, the new handle is what's slowing things down which are currently at the platers awaiting a chrome finish. It's a cut away type with a micrometer sleeve at the preset screw. The guns themselves have been tested and ready to ship so my best "guestimate" would be January and to my knowledge, MiddTenn Hobbies will be the first to carry them.

With all Cyrus' help and input, the Renegade Krome (RK-1) has been tested, approved and is now in production! You can see it on the MidTenn website, along with several pictures, and we're taking Pre-orders for it now! We expect to begin filling orders BEFORE mid-February!

Click HERE!

Jack

With all Cyrus' help and input, the Renegade Krome (RK-1) has been tested, approved and is now in production! You can see it on the MidTenn website, along with several pictures, and we're taking Pre-orders for it now! We expect to begin filling orders BEFORE mid-February!

Click HERE!

Jack

It is good that Badger finally listens to the user and improves the finish of their product. A nickel and chrome dual plating serves important engineering purpose. It is NOT for look only.

The price point is now at that of the Iwata HP-CS and Harder & Steenbeck Revolution Solo. And their needles have similar linear flow angles too. (I used a Badger term which means the taper angle of the needle.) It would be very nice to see some one-to-one comparison review to see how they perform in the user's hand.

Edited by Kei Lau
  • 3 months later...

The following just appeared on MidTenn Hobbies home page:

UPDATED: 05/05/11

KRhome.jpg

Obviously, the timetable slipped a bit, but the new Badger Renegade Krome arrived early this morning, and shipments have begun! Boxes were pre-assembled a couple of days ago when the shipping notice arrived, so it looks like all Pre-orders will ship today without any problem. New orders are beginning to arrive since the shipment date was released in a few internet forums, so we could be either out or have very few left by the end of the day. More are expected Friday, with continued shipments next week. An unexpected result of the release date slipping was that this first shipment was more generous than expected!!

The pictures on the product page will be updated later today to show off the updated finishing touches incorporated since we received the prototype, and I'm sure you'll want to take a new look!

Is the "new" Renegade Krome available anywhere? A few suppliers list it, but show zero stock. It does not show up at most Badger dealers' site.

Until the first week of November, the new Krome is available exclusively through MidTenn!

Hopefully I'll be shooting paint through a Krome later this week - order placed on Saturday, and hopefully it was in stock. I've never used a top-loading airbrush before and have been waiting for some of the design tweaks to be adopted, so I can't wait to try it out.

Hopefully I'll be shooting paint through a Krome later this week - order placed on Saturday, and hopefully it was in stock. I've never used a top-loading airbrush before and have been waiting for some of the design tweaks to be adopted, so I can't wait to try it out.

Congrats on your purchase! Gravity feed is the best IMHO. You will have greater control to do fine lines at lower pressures (10-15 psi). Of course, this takes practice with finger control, but I'm hopeful that you will find the Krome to be a fine addition to your tool box. Here's my test sheet using my 'pre-production' sample - complements of Ken Badger. :)

Production_6.jpg

And here's a progress shot of a model I'm trying to finish. I used the Krome mainly to tighten my demarcation lines and for weathering. It's the Monogram A-10 in 1/48 completely scribed with lots of aftermarket resin. I'm also pleased to announce that it will be appearing in a future issue of Tamiya Model Magazine. Hope you like it? :cheers:

P1010051.jpg

Edited by Cyrus Tan
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello all. I am not a modeller but I do use Badger airbrushes for my artwork. I have done a few videos of the Badger range including the Velocity Jet. This forum does a good job of reviewing airbrushes so I thought I'd sign up.

Thanks a lot

Ashley

Ashley, thank you for the youtube link. I found your videos on the Velocity and Omni 4000 to be very useful for beginner or expert users alike. The pace and detail shoots set them aside from other similar youtube videos on the same topic.

I do not have either of these Badgers, but found your video equally applicable to Iwata Eclipse or H&S Evolution owners.

Hello all. I am not a modeller but I do use Badger airbrushes for my artwork. I have done a few videos of the Badger range including the Velocity Jet. This forum does a good job of reviewing airbrushes so I thought I'd sign up.

Thanks for the link Ashley and welcome to the forum. Yes, I've seen your video reviews before and found them very useful. Keep up the nice work!

Cyrus that is one seriously fantastic paint job....it's already faded and needs very little if any additional weathering.

Thanks Angels49! Yes, the "highlighting" part is done, but I think it still needs some "lowlights" and an oil wash to get the full effect. This is where I believe modeling transforms from a craft to a fine art.

:cheers: