Cool, Ken. Can't wait to get my hands on my example of the kit. As you won't take criticism badly, I can't help though pointing out that there's a gap between the IRST and thearea in front of the windshield. Also, there's something that looks like paint running on the nose cone, at the base of the Pitot tube. The tube itself lacks AoA sensors, or whatever it is, and given the size of it,it might be tricky to reproduce Overall though the model looks great and I can only pray that mine will come out as well as yours. :worship:

Cool, Ken. Can't wait to get my hands on my example of the kit. As you won't take criticism badly, I can't help though pointing out that there's a gap between the IRST and thearea in front of the windshield. Also, there's something that looks like paint running on the nose cone, at the base of the Pitot tube. The tube itself lacks AoA sensors, or whatever it is, and given the size of it,it might be tricky to reproduce Overall though the model looks great and I can only pray that mine will come out as well as yours. :worship:

You are right - it's one of those models that I got sort of 'fed up' with - if you can believe it.....

Things were going great - until I had a disaster with the sticky masking tape residue. :woot.gif:

It's my fault for attempting the splinter camo - but I sort of lost heart.

Then I found that had forgotten the IRST - it was added at the end after all the painting was done - I should have fitted it earlier and blended it in.

The nose probe was the same - I drilled a hole at the tip of the nose (after it was all completed) and fitted a home-made pitot.

Of course I then had to add filler to blend in the pitot to the radome - then sand it down, then paint it - and of course I could not match the off-white I had mixed myself.

I just wanted to get it finished so I could move on - so I sort of lost interest...... :crying2:

As well as the complex AoA probes on the pitot, there also some more probes on the forward fuselage that should be added.

It also needs lots more stencilling - photos show lots of hatched red outlines on the wing upper surface - plus lots of warning stencils.

I really must try not to stumble at the last fence..... :bandhead2:

I hope yours turns out better

Ken

PS - I hate Flankers - and now the T50 !!!

Those metallic engine nacelles are a pain to try and replicate :woot.gif:

Why can't they paint them over ?? They have done it with the Su-34.