"I still have a really strong belief that this hobby keeps you young," he said. "It keeps you wanting to learn. It keeps you wanting to do more. It gives you discipline, and discipline keeps you young."

Hmmm...I think I'll file that little gem away for later...

SN

"If Dave Nash wrote a bumper sticker, it would say, "My wife said it was her or the model planes; I'm sure gonna miss her."

Reminds me of one of my favorite bumper stickers: "I got a .357 Mag for my wife. Best deal I've ever made!"

"You crash a woman, she can't fix your TV dinner or whatever."

You crash your woman, you're doing it wrong! :salute:

Can't help feeling a little sorry for the guy.... Love this hobby but women OR model planes? Seriously? Love the hobby but not THAT much, it's just not healthy..

Jamie

You crash your woman, you're doing it wrong! :salute:

Can't help feeling a little sorry for the guy.... Love this hobby but women OR model planes? Seriously? Love the hobby but not THAT much, it's just not healthy..

Jamie

I find these ultra-hobbyists to be sort of sad too, but I guess not all humans are social creatures. Different strokes for different folks

I find these ultra-hobbyists to be sort of sad too, but I guess not all humans are social creatures. Different strokes for different folks

Sure, he has every right to swear off women and I'd not be standing in his way but it's still a little creepy. As a species we are quite social by nature, it's rarely a positive sign when a person is completely the other way...

Anyhow, that's a whole other conversation!

Jamie

Sure, he has every right to swear off women and I'd not be standing in his way but it's still a little creepy. As a species we are quite social by nature, it's rarely a positive sign when a person is completely the other way...

Anyhow, that's a whole other conversation!

Jamie

but an interesting one! Might be one for the PMs though

He's an RC guy. They're all insane. You can't compare to even the most ******** static model guys against an RC nut.

However, you're doing something wrong if you're with somebody who believes all or nothing and can't find any balance. So, I go with kinda sad too.

I had that Aurora kit. I'm not sure if they did a Neanderthal woman as well...

I figured out a balance..I married another modeler! Unfortunately, she continues to encourage me to buy more kits!

SN

I find it sad, too, that his greatest achievements, what he obviously feels are his defining accomplishments, are actually failures. He managed to build the P-51 and B-36 he's most proud of but as functional examples of their intended purpose, flying models, they are failures.

I plan to at least try to track this guy down and see his shop. I bet he has amassed quite a collection of neat stuff.

Edited by TxAg94

My wife is much happier to have me home building and researching aircraft than sitting at the local drinking with the guys or gambling etc.She has no problems spending money as long as you have something to show for it.Also it is teaching my wifes son partience as a 14 year old he has little! It is teaching him some history as well. A win win for all.

Most RC guys are truly nuts, 10K I read one guy paid for a jet engine for his model.

It would be sad if he was just a loaner who doesn't socialize at all. I guess the time he spends on each project would lead us all to believe he has no social life at all. I am sure I'm not the only person who has experienced a bad marriage and questions why would anyone get married.

As many of you have already said, Balance is the key. I have found a women who understands and enjoys my hobby affording me the right amount of time at the modelling bench.