The Ridiculously Overpriced Thread

I must heartily disagree. I think that price is actually very reasonable considering the product and craftmanship; it looks to be built to a top quality standard and has everything hanging out. Now it is nothing I can afford mind you, but I agree with Holeshot's analysis except for one thing he missed. It looks like the model has white metal gear and if those air SAC replacements, then they cost at least $750!!! :woot.gif:

Yea, but whos gonna pay $2000 for a dust collector? **** I give my models away, I think Ill have $500 in tools and aftermarket parts into the B-17 Im working on but I do it for fun since it takes months for me to put one together, not because Im out to make a buck.

On the other hand Artists sell paintings for astronomical prices in some cases, so if you think of a model as a 3-d painting, yea I can see it.

Edited by Superjew
I must heartily disagree. I think that price is actually very reasonable considering the product and craftmanship; it looks to be built to a top quality standard and has everything hanging out. Now it is nothing I can afford mind you, but I agree with Holeshot's analysis except for one thing he missed. It looks like the model has white metal gear and if those air SAC replacements, then they cost at least $750!!! :woot.gif:

FWIW the Hasegawa kit actually includes white metal gear in the box, which is what I figured he used.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Saw this today:

http://cgi.ebay.com/COWBOY-BEBOP-1-72-SWOR...=item58827ae092

a 1/72nd Swordfish resin kit with only 29 pieces....

$350.00.

:rofl:

Try reading further. The kit also has 4 vacuum parts and 69 pcs white metal parts."

This is a great kit for guys who love building fine detailed models while looking through a microscope.

Certainly not my cup of tea, but if it is OOP it might be worth it.

Especially if more than one person desires the thing.

In the USA one can drop that much money taking the family to a playoff baseball or football game, with parking and food and good box seat tickets. Just for an afternoon watching grossly overpaid professional athletes perform for you.

It is all relative.

Stephen

• 2 weeks later...
Try reading further. The kit also has 4 vacuum parts and 69 pcs white metal parts."

In my defense, I believe they revised their listing. It didn't mention metal parts or vac parts, and I got the distinct impression it was talking about a WW2 biplane. It's much more clear now, but at the time the idea was outrageous!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had one end tonight that I felt bad about the $21.00 BIN but thought what the heck. First guy bumped it off and eventually bid $25 in a vain attemt to get it. Did get $34+ out of it and may have done better had it not been 2-3AM Europe time for the 2 out bid.

mistel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lol I know I saw that!!!! He Olson sold the krayan mig-29 ub set for $90 I just got one last week from Poland for $25 hehe

Who ever the seller is he made a killing!!

I love how people constantly put markers in to try to make their item seem worth more. Words like RARE or hard to find or Out of production or whatever. When in fact the item usually is far from rare. I don't even look at Buy it Now listings on ebay cause they are almost always overpriced.