The Ridiculously Overpriced Thread

or when they go "Hasegawa 1/48 F-14 tomcat NOT academy or hobby boss" :soapbox:

I hate that!

makes me want to create a fake bider and bid on it :evil-laughter:

I like to think mine are pretty darn fair! :P

There are exceptions. But chances are if it's a company or "store" selling an item the buy it now price is ridiculous. It's easiest just to search the auctions and see what that item is actually auctioning for with actual bids.

• 2 weeks later...

Bargain price on a Condor!

$200+ for a kit listed by several other sellers in the $60-$90 range. Crazy.

eBay is a GREAT place to find bargains on secondhand models. I've found a lot of great deals there. Many sellers are probably hoping to snag buyers who may not know the true value of a kit, though. Hasegawa and Tamiya kits in particular seem to be overpriced by a lot of buyers, probably hoping to cash in on name recognition.

It also depends on the region you are when buying

I got a hasegawa 1/32 F-16 Ram stein for about 50$ my LHS is selling this kit at 90$ plus tax and ive seen it in defferent HS for 120$ plus tax so im pretty happy

Wow, I got 5 of the 1/32 F-16's a few years ago for $35 total...

Yeah Yeah thanks for rubbing it in :wmsmiley-poop-hits-the-fan:

Edited by Neo

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190543631022&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I was bidding on this one as I want one (who doesn't?)anyways I had the bid for it then someone came along and outbid me so I put a limit on how much I would spend which was about $30 but I could not out bid this guy so out of spite I push the did up to where it is now. If he wants it that bad he can pay for it :monkeydance:

lol nice one

put thats a danger game cause if you would have beeten him at that price you would be the one :crying2:

It paid off in the end. He ended up paying $107(68 GBP)for it. I hope it was worth it

http://cgi.ebay.ca/REVELL-TAKARA-KAWANISHI-SHIDEN-N1K1-Ja-GEORGE-1-32-/220790062241?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33681cfca1

This always gets me. I know they are somewhat rare but come on. I would like one but not at that price

I like how he quotes an already known to be super overpriced store "No sense going over the gory history of the Revell 1/32 scale molds of Japanese fighter aircraft--but this is a fairly difficult kit to get (oldmodelkits.com lists their's for $450)" to make his seem cheap.

I have to laugh at Buy It Nows. They never sell.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's goody. all this can't be worth the price is it?

F-2B

Eh that doesn't seem "outrageous" but it's no deal on buying all of those items separate. Basically just seems like retail pricing. Shipping charge sucks though.

• 3 weeks later...