Resurrecting Dead Topics

I use the google method for doing ARC searches (site:arcforums.com or arcair.com + search criteria) and it works well, but it got me wondering if there are there any rules here against creating new threads on repetitive subjects or bringing old topics to the top?

I know on some forums, long-time members either dislike new threads on widely discussed and pre-existing topics or dislike resurrecting old threads.

Thanks for the input.

Mike, sometimes the search is hit or miss on here so, ask away on a new thread if you can't find what you need ...

Someone else may have a thread of the topic you seek saved and can post a link for you ...

As far as bumping older threads back up, go for it, sometimes other members may have missed it the first go around also ...

-Gregg

Personally, I'd say that if the old thread hasn't been active in at least 3 months then you'd be ok in starting a new thread, although it would be preferred if a link to the old one was in the new post so anyone can read the backstory.

Ken

• 1 month later...
Personally, I'd say that if the old thread hasn't been active in at least 3 months then you'd be ok in starting a new thread, although it would be preferred if a link to the old one was in the new post so anyone can read the backstory.

Ken

Provided of course that you're aware of the old one being there.

I'd say ask whatever you need to ask. If somebody gets upset at you over something so trivial as that, then they're not worth your time anyhow

Absolutely A-OK, if the thread is an old "dead" build-thread that has suddenly been re-animated. Case-in point, several of my slow as molasses builds which haven't gone anywhere in recent memory due to several moves...and no space at the moment. :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...