follow-up to IDF/AF group build

I ran an Israeli Airforce GB about a year and a half ago, and we had pretty good showing for it. At one point somebody asked if we could have a GB for aircraft of the Islamic nations. It looks like GBs have been sort of slow going this year, but who would want to be part of the Middle Eastern Airforces GB?

It would be a 3 month affair just like he IDF build. That seemed to work really well for most folks.

There can be some gray area on what to include in such a build, so for the sake of simplicity, lets say any aircraft flown between 1950 and today by any of the following nations

Egypt

Lebanon

Syria

Jordan

Iraq

Iran

Kuwait

Saudi Arabia

U.A.E

Qatar

Yemen

Oman (not sure if they have an airforce)

I'm not sure about the nations in the Caucasus region like Azerbaijan and Georgia.

And then there's Turkey.

So lets hear some opinions. Who would be interested?

Oman (not sure if they have an airforce)

Royal Air Force of Oman (RAFO):

Airbus A320

BAe Hawk 103

BAe Hawk 203

Bell 206B JetRanger

Bell HH-1H Iroquois

Lockheed C-130 Hercules

Lockheed Martin F-16C/D Fighting Falcon

NHI NH90

PAC Super MFI-17 Mushak

Pilatus PC-9M

Sepecat Jaguar S/B

Short Skyvan 3M

Westland Lynx 120

Yes, they have an air force!

And i wouldn't consider Georgia or Turkey as in the Middle East - they like to think of themselves as Europeans (Turkey is in NATO, Georgia aspires to join it, and both aspire to join the European Community) - not sure about Azerbaijan though.

Edited by Nigel Bunker

A shame to chop it off at 1950, Sir.

I recently got a DB-8, and will be getting a Bread 65, with an eye towards doing Iraqi machines active at Habbaniya in '41. Another definite future build is an Iraqi Nisr (Audax): I did one some years ago, but figure I can do better now. I also have my eye on an Iranian Audax (with a Pratt and Whitney Hornet), and an Iranian Hind.

Certainly several countries in the region had air forces prior to the Second World War and the Israeli conflicts.

A shame to chop it off at 1950, Sir.

I recently got a DB-8, and will be getting a Bread 65, with an eye towards doing Iraqi machines active at Habbaniya in '41. Another definite future build is an Iraqi Nisr (Audax): I did one some years ago, but figure I can do better now. I also have my eye on an Iranian Audax (with a Pratt and Whitney Hornet), and an Iranian Hind.

Certainly several countries in the region had air forces prior to the Second World War and the Israeli conflicts.

You're right, but I would really like to limit things to the post-colonial era