Star Trek Enterprise Scale Question

The upcoming Round 2 Polar Lights Enterprise from the new film will sort of cater to both of the size crowds. On the box, it will be called 1/2500 scale so technically it will work with the other six ships in that scale. However, it will be packaged in a box like the 1/1000 scale models and the approximate size will be about the same as the Enterprise classic and the refit. So if you prefer that scale, then you can say it is 1/1000 and call it good.

My explaination for the size difference is that in the altered timeline, sometime after the Kelvin got attacked, Starfleet located technology left behind by the Time Lords of Gallifrey and used TARDIS technology in the Enterprise. So the external size can be whatever it wants to be and the inside is HUGE to contain however many people it wants to. Only time you see the discrepency is when the shuttle bay opens. ;)

Edited by Jay Chladek
  • 2 weeks later...
My explaination for the size difference is that in the altered timeline, sometime after the Kelvin got attacked, Starfleet located technology left behind by the Time Lords of Gallifrey and used TARDIS technology in the Enterprise. So the external size can be whatever it wants to be and the inside is HUGE to contain however many people it wants to. Only time you see the discrepency is when the shuttle bay opens. :woot.gif:

I just think the woman who came up with the idea to make the ships more compact was sucked out into space and bounced off a phaser turret on the Kelvin...

The new Enterprise is a lot of empty space, squish it all in, same gear, less space, smaller crew. I mean, who's idea was it to put a brewery on a starship? I mean, remove the Budweiser brewery from main engineering, it gets quite small.

st-brewery_7lk8.jpg

The new Enterprise is a lot of empty space, squish it all in, same gear, less space, smaller crew. I mean, who's idea was it to put a brewery on a starship? I mean, remove the Budweiser brewery from main engineering, it gets quite small.

But the brewery is the only thing that gives us any real clue on the size of the ship internally. A 350ish meter ship would have an engineering section that is about 40m wide, about twice the width of an Arleigh Burke destroyer. That brewery image is twice, maybe 3 times that much.

• 2 weeks later...