Thoughts on Iwata sprint jet compressor?

Hi all, I've have the opportunity to buy an iwata sprint jet for $70. I curently have a generic 1/8 hp compressor from harbor freight, what are the advantages of the iwata name? Is it just the name or is there a real plus side to their airbrushes? Mine works fine but I figured it was a good deal. Any opinions will be greatly apreciated. Thanks in advance

Hi all, I've have the opportunity to buy an iwata sprint jet for $70. I curently have a generic 1/8 hp compressor from harbor freight, what are the advantages of the iwata name? Is it just the name or is there a real plus side to their airbrushes? Mine works fine but I figured it was a good deal. Any opinions will be greatly apreciated. Thanks in advance

A very good deal for the Iwata quality if it is still in good working condition, not worn out. The Sprint jet does not have the auto-shutoff of the Smart Jet. You may want to check how old the compressor is because the motor is running all the time when it is on.

$70 is a good deal to me. :jaw-dropping: I've never seen a bad review of an Iwata compressor.

I wore out my previous compressor...a 45 year old DeVilbiss. No, I did not own it for all those 45 years! It was sooooo loud.

I bought a new (and much quieter) one to go with my Iwata airbrush when that old DeVilbiss completely died.

Rick in Maine

My Sprint Jet is the third compressor I've owned, and easily the best by a long way. It's quiet, it produces the required pressure, it's reliable (touch wood) - what's not to like? Recommended!

Edited by MikeC