I moved last month, and now that I have a brief break in between school semesters I've been able to work on my new office/hobby room.

I finished the hobby desk last Thursday, so all I'm doing now is moving my supplies into the room and organizing them

I'll post photos of the complete hobby room layout when its done

The hobby desk

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

I bought the desk from Walmart and modified a few items. The most noticeable is the peg board added to the back. I also have some wooden dowels to plug into the board to hang my tools.

On the left are some adjustable shelves. Originally there was a CD rack, but I drilled a few holes and cut some board for the shelves. Underneath the sliding shelf I added two shelves. I added a shelf in the cabinet as well. Underneath the hutch I added a fluorescent light.

My tool caddy

3-1.jpg

Made from PVC pipe and scrap wood leftover from the shelves

The airbrush station on the side

4-1.jpg

I added all of the shelves underneath the station.

My compressor fits nicely underneath, the exhaust from the booth is vented out of the window.

The spray booth itself

5-1.jpg

Made from a TV cart and a bathroom fan unit. You can see the fluorescent light I added to the top as well.

Also visible are my respirator, Tamiya paint stand, and Iwata and Paasche airbrushes

The back of the spraybooth

6-1.jpg

I've never dealt with electrical stuff before so this was all new to me. A five minute phone call to my dad solved that. The orange plug powers the fan, the black plug powers the compressor, and the white plug powers the florescent light. Pretty handy to have them all connected to one switch.

The exhaust is connected to a PVC bathroom drain connected to a length of wood placed snuggly in the window.

Here's the shelf unit. Its a shelf unit we've had for a while, but I added some shelves for my paint on the bottom. Yep, some of the shelves are crooked. That's why I stick with modeling instead of carpentry.

4.jpg

5.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys. You should have seen the room before I vacuumed all that sawdust up...

As for a mini fridge, I actually had that thought. I could have brought up my old mini fridge from college, or bought a small orange one I saw recently. Probably stock it full of water though since I run a lot and I rarely drink.

But either way... just spent a couple of hours organizing and taking an inventory of all my paint. Tomorrow I should just have to put my tools up and it'll be time for me to finally dig out a model again!

Thanks guys.

I've already worked on a model before the desk and tools were organized. My Israeli A-7 fell off the shelf. Miraculously not a single thing was damaged on it, except for one item. The ejection seat popped out. No pilot installed but the ejection seat was apparently smart enough to pop out when the plane took a tumble. Funny stuff..

Well, here are the finished and settled in pics. I have a TON more space than I've ever had before.

1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

Did I mention I have a ton of extra storage space now? My USCGC Shelby is on the top, and the top shelf is filled with decals. Three of the thick black binders are dedicated to F-16s only.

4-2.jpg

The best part was putting the models up for display.

5-2.jpg