Do17Z 1/Kg76 Classic Airframes 1/48

After the disaster with the Blenheim in the Med GB I was a little reluctant to jump into another Classic Airframes kit.

But I guess fore-warned is fore-armed or the modelling gods have been smiling but I have to say this kit is almost

a joy to build. Yes you have to trim/fit/trim/fit but the major assemblies go together nicely. I'm building the one on

the box cover minus the proper DF loop

DSC_0021.jpg

Here are the major assemblies just jammed together and primed

DSC_0029.jpg

cockpit...built OOB except for the rear-gunner seat. I managed to lose the part so I'm scratch-building a very

rudimentary one

DSC_0030.jpg

Here's a shot of the OOB bomb-bay detail

DSC_0033.jpg

I got this much done in a week so I've been devoting enough time to it to finish it on time I hope. I have some

WEM RLM enamels coming in the mail too so I will have to wait a bit for the mail to paint.

Thanks for looking

:D

Looking great Jeff!... :whistle:

I must admit when I first saw your post I thought that you were being a bit overly ambitious trying to tackle a kit like this in such a short time frame... But I was wrong. Excellent work so far and it looks as though you might have her done before I get mine finished... :coolio:

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Ok...we're finally going to the paint shop. I've spent more time on this one focussing on seams...I always suck at them but I'm pretty happy with

how they turned out. I originally laid down some RLM66 pre-shading a while back thinking I was ready but examination of the seams

proved me wrong...so it was back to the fill/sand/prime loop.

I still need to re-scribe some panel lines lost due to the sanding and will probably have to pre-shade before trying out the new WEM colours that

arrived the other day

DSC_0161.jpg

DSC_0162.jpg

DSC_0163.jpg

DSC_0164.jpg

DSC_0165.jpg

DSC_0166.jpg

DSC_0167.jpg

Thanks for looking

:monkeydance:

RLM65/RLM71 in WEM (First time!)....the RLM70 was back-ordered and I'm on a deadline so good'ol MM had to do for this one. I used the

Cutting Edge masks that I picked up in Dave's fire-sale a couple years back. Some touch-ups are required but things are moving right along

DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0174.jpg

DSC_0175.jpg

;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kinds word guys....I'm just happy to Git'R Done...I knew I was being a little ambitious and I did fall short

in a few areas but CA kits don't 'skeer' me any more. They do take a lot of patience that I don't necessarily have though :thumbsup: