Ever lost patience building your plane?

Yep, test-flew a Kopro 1/48 Su-7 into the wall-twice! Still the worst build ever, imho. I got excited at the Eduard Su-7 until I realised it was a reboxing (albiet with lots of nice resin parts, etc).

Ever lost patience building your plane?

Been there, done that, got the wrecked Starfighter to prove it! :)

Damn Revell "Dayglo Orange" ate the tip tanks. I snapped. And so did the F-104's wings. diablotin.gif

Of course, it was my fault. Should have pre-painted the dayglo parts in white.

about once a year. My last one was a Ryan PT trainer that went flying across the room after trying to glue on some of the rigging, I marred a perfect chrome yellow wing.

But it wasn't dead enough after it hit the wall. So I crushed it a few times with a dictionary.

I literally went into a rage on that thing. It wasn't cool.

Once, and only once. I never threw it (other than in the trash bin, and it was the first kit I've ever binned).

Wrote it up on my then-webpage (preserved for posterity and reference here: http://www.nakatomitower.com/model/a10.html)

EDIT: Keep in mind I finished the Rodent some years later without a grunt or loss of cheer, but couldn't get halfway through this crappy kit.

Edited by Mark M.
Often. . . but I put the model away and wait a while to return to it. Usually helps, though not always.

cheers

Old Blind Dog

That just delays the inevitable. I'll just throw it against the wall the next time I start in on it. But, I find it more theraputic to shoot the model with a .22. Much more satisfying for me.

Aaron

Haven't done it lately, but oh yea, was working on a Monogram Typhoon that fought me all the way. I got to the decal portion and had problems with the kit decals and that was the last straw......it had its only flight ever......against the west wall of my hobby room! And of course my wife caught me.....only thing out of her was, I wish I had a camera. :thumbsup:

Robert

Dont do what this guy did!

Btw, Ive lost patience, or attempted to build without a cool head, yada yada yada I had to wait a couple weeks for the new landing gear to come in as a result.

Most of my stuff breaks it's self, they do not need my help :crying2:

Shame to see what looks like a perfectly good F-19 kit trashed just for the sake of it. Ironically I once saw a very similar reaction to the exact same kit (wasn't me) involving an unfortunate glue/canopy interface.

I once launched a Matchbox Sea Harrier at the wall, but that was a long time ago. Now I just put it down and walk away, and can truthfully state I have never binned a kit once I started on it (stopping working on it indefinitely though is an entirely different category....:crying2: )

Once, and only once. I never threw it (other than in the trash bin, and it was the first kit I've ever binned).

Wrote it up on my then-webpage (preserved for posterity and reference here: http://www.nakatomitower.com/model/a10.html)

EDIT: Keep in mind I finished the Rodent some years later without a grunt or loss of cheer, but couldn't get halfway through this crappy kit.

Pretty rough on that A-10 eh?

Didn't loose it while building the plane but did loose it with the ex-wife. Hasegawa F-100 was the closest thing at hand so it went supersonic at the wall. Funniest thing though, it hit perfectly flat against the wall and impaled the gear into the drywall and left an outline of a F-100 in the paint.

I find if a kit doesn't cooperate, I just put it up and walk away. I guess you could say the same about my ex.

Edited by Drifterdon

I haven't managed to lose my patience to the point where I've smashed an aircraft, but computer beware. One time, I got so ****** off with a computer I took a Louisville Slugger to it...and did a wonderful imitation of Sammy Sosa aiming for the ivy. No...the computer didn't survive, but I certainly was satisfied.

I've never lost it with an airplane but I had a bunch of tiny pieces of turd that was supposed to be a 1/24 AMT 1973 Mustang Mach 1 when all the pieces of turd were assembled. The fit of those pieces was atrocious. No matter how many times I'd get frustrated and come back to it after setting it aside, I just couldn't polish that turd anymore. There was no Dukes of Hazzard flying car spectacles though. It just went straight to the garbage.

Now flying golf clubs and having to climb a tree to recover my 7 iron, that's another story...

I get the utimate revenge! After I destroy it and then I break down the parts and disolve them in some liquid glue and turn it all into a styrene putty. It donates it life so other models may be completed! I get satisfaction everytime I fill a gap with its remains!

Edited by Cunumdrum61