here it is returning after its 2nd flight today

F-100F_563948_KBAF_20August2010_KenMiddleton_4x6_web_DSC_6655.jpg

I love seeing any jet with a chute behind it

The F-100 sure looks the business!!

Thanks again for posting!

I REALLY like this shot as well!

Cheers!

John

that viper west team was fantastic, Opi (team chief) took a couple of us out across the taxiway to get some shots of their f-16's, that was an experience. we HAD to stand back because an a-10 was taxiing back to its spot and there was another viper being fueled...

shots to come in the next few days.

though i do have to ask WHERE'D MY SUN GO???

I love seeing any jet with a chute behind it

The F-100 sure looks the business!!

Thanks again for posting!

I REALLY like this shot as well!

Cheers!

John

thanks John - glad you like - I have more, just need the time to process them

A 14 ship C-17 display team? :doh:

Awesome shots as always, amigo.

Cheers,

Sean

LOL - thanks Sean

that viper west team was fantastic, Opi (team chief) took a couple of us out across the taxiway to get some shots of their f-16's, that was an experience. we HAD to stand back because an a-10 was taxiing back to its spot and there was another viper being fueled...

shots to come in the next few days.

though i do have to ask WHERE'D MY SUN GO???

Opi rocks - and yes, where did the sun go?

Hi Ken,

Lovely shots, so many good ones there. A question I've got to ask though. A list of aircraft present at that show has been circulated on one of the UK enthusiast sites, including all F-15's present with the based unit. Included is F-15C 83-0018, listed as unmarked, is it really there, as it's a Lakenheath machine? Nobody this end has noted it's departure that I've seen, and knowing how closely they're monitored in the UK, I'm amazed that even one airframe would get away without it being known . It was the oldest one over here, and I think I photographed it flying just once, over many years!

Gary

Edited by gary1701
Hi Ken,

Lovely shots, so many good ones there. A question I've got to ask though. A list of aircraft present at that show has been circulated on one of the UK enthusiast sites, including all F-15's present with the based unit. Included is F-15C 83-0018, listed as unmarked, is it really there, as it's a Lakenheath machine? Nobody this end has noted it's departure that I've seen, and knowing how closely they're monitored in the UK, I'm amazed that even airframe would get away without it being known . It was the oldest one over here, and I think I photographed it flying just once, over many years?

Gary

Hi Gary,

thanks a lot. They have recently received some new jets from the 19th FS at Elmendorf, and 390th at Mountain Home. I think I saw 0018, but do not remember the year on it. Many of the new ones simple have the tail serial, not other tail markings yet, so I didn't shoot many of them yet. And the Alaska ones are still light grey serials. I will check today for you.

Hi Gary,

thanks a lot. They have recently received some new jets from the 19th FS at Elmendorf, and 390th at Mountain Home. I think I saw 0018, but do not remember the year on it. Many of the new ones simple have the tail serial, not other tail markings yet, so I didn't shoot many of them yet. And the Alaska ones are still light grey serials. I will check today for you.

let me check the stash, i was talking to one of the maintenance guys behind the new hangars about their new birds...he couldn't even keep straight where they were all coming from. i might have a few shots of the unmarked birds, no crowds blocking the view.

anybody else notice the lighter colored -15 on the other side of the field? had a darker grey nose than anything else, almost looked gunship grey...didn't seem to have the signature red stripe on the tail either.

Thanks guys. It looks like that one's been in the US a lot longer than I thought, which probably explains why I haven't seen it recently. I photographed it with the 493rd FS only once, February 2006. The last pics I can find of it over here are dated September 2007, but a log I've found online shows it with the 85th TES (Eglin?) in May 2009. Seems it did get away from the 493rd FS without anybody over here knowing. They slipped that one past us! I bet it doesn't show many flying hours in it's log from it's time at Lakenheath...

Hope it's ok Ken, but here she is on 10th Feb, 2006. Old equipment and tight crop (it's the no 2 ship in a pairs landing), so not brilliant, but a rare outing when with the 493rd FS.

IMG_27291024.jpg

Gary

Edited by gary1701

Awesome pics Ken.....we can almost hear that Mustang roar!!!

Your killing me with these Barnes Eagle's....i want to build one ...so,so bad..did they have a fully marked jet on static display??

....i'm sure the usual aftermarket decal guys would do these markings if folks had ref's :salute:

ATB,

Gary

Awesome pics Ken.....we can almost hear that Mustang roar!!!

Your killing me with these Barnes Eagle's....i want to build one ...so,so bad..did they have a fully marked jet on static display??

....i'm sure the usual aftermarket decal guys would do these markings if folks had ref's :deadhorse1:

ATB,

Gary

thanks a lot Gary. They don't have a wing or fighter squadron marked jet, though they did have line jets with markings. They also have some former 390th and 19th FS jets with no unit markings, and the 19th are still in low vis serials. They have at leat 2 more MiG killers too

Great shots as always, Ken! Um... am I the only one who's horrified that they're charging 30 bucks (20 at the gate + 10 to park) at the Pease airshow this weekend?

thanks Kev! That is one reason I am not going to Pease

Incredible additions to the collection ken... :D :D

thank you...

thanks HOLMES!