Hiya!

my first entry will be an iraqi mig-25PD, not sure what kit yet condor or hasegawa - depending on how lazy i feel :thumbsup:

Iraqi foxbats were an interesting mix; they were upgraded to "1983 standard (MiG-25PDSG)" being given:

SPO-15 Beryoza-LE RHAWS with blisters on the intakes

KDS-155 flare dispensers on the wings

the longer nose and IRST of the PD, but the Smerch weapons system, no idea on radar

34t2x6a.jpg

this defensive suite proved itself well during desert storm decoying a number of both aim-9s and 7s while in full afterburner!! B)

back to the kit:

i started by taking some KDS-155s from zvezda flogger kits, and legenthing to the correct legnth for the foxbat, its not quite correct yet though

2larpes.jpg

8zimwg.jpg

compared to the origional:

15mgun9.jpg

Edited by Raymond

:D benner

Ive found that condors mig-25PD kit actually comes with the 1983 mods, but no instructions on how to use em! making the condor PD the only choice if one wants to to an iraqi/libyan upgraded foxbat! <_<

qnmydj.jpg

im using the hase kit, and outfitting with condor parts from a kit that was 80% complete

cockpit tub from fujimi mig-21 that i oversprayed and gluggied details on, wont matter too much due to closed canopy

alrfwy.jpg

1z4lvv5.jpg

LOl Rkic!

B - I might try and find the bort of the aircraft that shot down Speicher's plane for this model.

did a simple seat for the cockpit:

qqbf4o.jpg

29djdh.jpg

2moyurn.jpg

Edited by Raymond
.. except this kind of target of course stung back with shooting down Speicher's plane.

excuse me of asking but is there a problem with us making Iraqi models here on this GB?I got the feeling like you make fun of our models like here is another great target or something like that.I don't look for arguing and such,but I just got that feeling.sorry to bother

Best regards,Dragan

excuse me of asking but is there a problem with us making Iraqi models here on this GB?I got the feeling like you make fun of our models like here is another great target or something like that.I don't look for arguing and such,but I just got that feeling.sorry to bother

Best regards,Dragan

Not at all, i think it's great you and others have built Iraqi models. I'm indirectly saying that although Jakub's comment about targets (and I've probably made the same kind of comment) is intended to be humourous, that the Iraqi's were not simple easy targets. I'm saying they still put up a decent fight and managed to shoot down a Coalition plane in air-to-air combat.

FYI, I also intend to build Iraqi jets one day including a 1:48 Mig-25. Unfortunately, there is no decent 1:48 kit of one. I have decals for almost every Iraqi fixed wing type and have the Su-22M4 in my stash. Here's a pic of my last Iraqi build (from back in my gear up days). http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/3700/mig5cp2.jpg

Best regards,Dragan

ok,

This is ridiculous, I have known Ben for many years and he is a stand up guy, except his fondness for eating cats.:coolio: In fact, In this whole site after almost 5 years I have never seen anyone "make fun" of anyone else's models. We are all about constructive criticism. Ray, Jake, and Benner have known each other for years and are friends, so they are joking around. You probably did not know that. We all BS together every day in the chatroom(now gone).No one has made fun of YOUR models so calm down.

Ok, back on target,

Love the Foxbat Ray, nice work on the flare dispensers. :thumbsup:

Edited by mikeyc5usaf

cheers guys!

dont worry dragan, 'targets' is in jest :salute:

begun dealing with the very large and very visible intakes :S

315et0m.jpg

i have spare zvezda 31 intake ramps, i was thinking of using on the foxbat to hide the fact theres nothing at the rear of the intakes?

ok,

This is ridiculous, I have known Ben for many years and he is a stand up guy, except his fondness for eating cats.:) In fact, In this whole site after almost 5 years I have never seen anyone "make fun" of anyone else's models. We are all about constructive criticism. Ray, Jake, and Benner have known each other for years and are friends, so they are joking around. You probably did not know that. We all BS together every day in the chatroom(now gone).No one has made fun of YOUR models so calm down.

Ok, back on target,

Love the Foxbat Ray, nice work on the flare dispensers. :)

OK oK :cheers: sorry i di not wated to start any argument.I just asked politly :) i love all of your models and can't wait to see some of your finished models for the Gb.

sorry again and best regarsd,Dragan

No worries Dragan.

Looks like it was just a misunderstanding.

Will you be adding any more Iraqi planes to this GB?

I found my 1/72 Su-24 and might build that. But its a pretty weak kit

No worries Dragan.

Looks like it was just a misunderstanding.

Will you be adding any more Iraqi planes to this GB?

I found my 1/72 Su-24 and might build that. But its a pretty weak kit

I would love to build a Iraqi MIG-29 9-12 but unfortunatley i have no decals for it in 1:72.I may build a mig-15UTI but I am not sure it served that late?

I would love to build a Iraqi MIG-29 9-12 but unfortunatley i have no decals for it in 1:72.I may build a mig-15UTI but I am not sure it served that late?

If you do 1:48 I can likely give you some Iraqi Mig-29 decals.