1:72 Taiidan Interceptor Scratchbuild

Oh My!!! I think I am in love!

Excellent masking job. Gotta love Tamiya tape for jobs like this! I'll bet masking yellow tape over a yellow body was likely not fun though given how close the colorings were.

Edited by Jay Chladek

Haha Jay, you hit the nail on the head. I was really worried as I was pulling up tape at the end of a masking job. Anyway I finished the rest of the masking this morning. No more masking for me, except perhaps some weathering which I will just use 'post it' notes for some spot masking. Oh no, they're yellow too...!

Very, very nice!

One of my long term plans is to make a Dralthi fighter from the first Wing Commander game (ah, nostalgia!). If it only turns out a quarter as nice as your model I'd be chuffed to bits.

Cheers,

Andre

Edited by Andre

The only way to start... is to start! Anyone who wants to scratchbuild, I highly recommend it, it's very satisfying.

Anyway, this weekend's update is the second last one... next weekend this little baby will be finished. I needed only a couple more hours this weekend that I didn't have. But with what I did have, I did all the decaling, and except for the top of the tail, finalised all the masking as well. All thats left to do is assembly, some light weathering, finish the twin canopies and install the engines. Here's my weekend's progress, starting with the last 'real' masking job, and the decals... the decals, my god, the decals! I think in the final pics (not yet) it will be clear they are everwhere. Some are custom made, some are 'assembled' from other decals, and others are just from spare decal sheets. Enjoy...

6.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hi Aigore. I know it's been a few months - I'm sorry. I actually finished this a while ago but I was under an embargo due to a competition I entered this one in.

Now that voting is finished I can show this here with a clear conscience.

The images on the competition page didn't really do justice to this - they are too small, but that's an issue for everyone else anyway.

So, since I started this thread way before the comp, here are some pics of the finished ship NOT posted in the comp. Enjoy!

DSC07811.jpg

DSC07820.jpg

DSC07812.jpg

DSC07813.jpg

DSC07836.jpg

DSC07848.jpg

DSC07845.jpg

DSC07840.jpg

DSC07839.jpg

DSC07837.jpg

OOoooooooo, I may have to change pants! That´s seriously fantastic model crafting! :wub:

...Master,I Am Not Worthy! :P

Hail Petar, our saviour!!

(I´m actually building an altar to your glory...now where´s that glitter?)

Looking at these new pictures, from every angle, this model just oozes coolness! The level of detail put into the small sub-assemblies alone is just incredible. I can't see a flaw on it in any of the pictures.

Thanks again Jay, I find it's easier to do a good job on a subject you have a lot of enthusiasm for.

But there are plenty of flaws, from where I'm standing. I don't plan to enter my next scratch into a comp, so it might take all year I'm afraid, but at least I know that I will do a better job! ;)