I know that there are a lot of skilled modelers here on ARC, but I've never really seen how much talent this bunch has. So, post a picture with description of the best model you've ever built! :)

I'm not necessarily a beginner, nor am I exceptionally talented. Not much time to build due to the modern pace of life, but I still love building just the same. The best model I've ever built is my 1/48 Academy F-14A Bombcat, out of the box:

F-14 full view

Forward fuselage

:cheers:

Have fun! :worship:

Jason

Edited by Jason Amigo

Awesome Bombcat!

Currently, I would say my best model is my 1/48 Academy CH-53E. I did some scratch building on the interior and the tail rotor gear boxes, I added all the rivets to the kit (it doesn't come with any), I used the Eduard PE interior and exterior, and the MAW decals for HMT-302. It took about seven months to build the beast!

Ch53_Finished012.jpg

Ch53_Finished098.jpg

EDIT: A link is better... http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=201032

I'm working on a 1/48 Fieseler Storch right now, which I hope will be even better. The progress is...in the progress section.

SLICK

Edited by slick95

Wow, some great stuff here.

The Academy CF-18 that I completed in April would be my best yet. Its not perfect, I know what mistakes I have made ( and im not telling :bandhead2: ) Still I was able to bring n some hardware with it at the 3 contests its been entered in.

ARC article here

Edited by Charlie Cheetah

Hi guys, this is my first post on the forum, and im a fairly regular poster on Britmodeller.com. Although not finished, the sea vixen I have been building is about the only model that has turned out half-decent, despite having no landing gear.. yet, and a wrecked canopy which will need replacing :bandhead2:

DSCN0836.jpg

I'd have to say it's this one: a Monogram F-20 that I added a conical F-5E radome & some A-4M bits to & finished in RoCAF markings:

IMG_7418.jpg

I started this one for the Monogram GB here, but life interfered . . . Finished it at the end of last year/beginning of this year.

Ves B)

Well that's a tough call... I like my rodent, I like this F-8E I did once, I like this tiny Academy 109E I did as well... So many decent kits lately, but I would have to say probably my "top gun" is in-progress. I have a very good feeling about 2 kits right now.

Existing kits, I'd have to say my Mono 48th F-101B (raised panel lines be darned!) or my 72nd Hase CF-18 w/tiger stripes. Both available in the gallery section.

EDIT:

01.jpg

06.jpg

Edited by Mark M.

My completed builds in this century, LOL:

2005...1/48 Monogram F-102A. This earned me a 3rd place at a contest. I really should dust it off and take newer photos of it. Took 6 months to build.

Monogram_F-102A.jpg

July 2010...1/72 Hasegawa F/A-18A built out-of-the-box. This, uh, took awhile too but it really got the modeling mojo back bigtime. :worship:

Stinger300.jpg

I think I am getting better with each build... but each build takes me longer! Hmmm... must be something to that.

My 'best' so far is my Tamiya Zero (1/32). It has gotten me a couple second place finishes in local contests:

000_0001-2.jpg

000_0011-1.jpg

WOW! Thanks for posting guys, I sure enjoyed seeing your creations. I would have loved to make a comment for every post, but with the speed of my computer and the lack of time, I'm forced to make a general post. All of your models are great. Whether it is a jet, prop, chopper, ship or armor...I pride myself in talent like yours! And for those who were not satisfied with the results of their models or haven't finished a model at all...don't fret it always happens, and eventually, even if it takes you ten tries to do so...you'll get it right :thumbsup: To the fans of my Bombcat...I'm glad you like it! :thumbsup:

Semper fi,

Jason

This is still my favourite:

100_3284.jpg

I hate to say this because it's such a lovely plane, but are the stabilizers upside down? They turn up at the leading edge, and from a 48th kit I did way back I thought they turned down?