Hi Matt,

Here's hoping !!

Brad

Somehow I have a feeling that Kinetic will accommodate multiple countries airframes as well as USN types. Think of the shear number of users let alone those who actually flew them off carriers. If at all possible I cannot picture them leaving that big of a chunk of the market to the aftermarket.

Holland - carrier

Canada - carrier

Brazil - carrier

Argentina - carrier

Australia - carrier

Taiwan

USN - carrier

Japan

and I am sure I am leaving some out in Latin America and Asia (was it Thailand or South Korea....) And that is without looking at Wiki!

Then you have firefighters and Turbo Trackers (Brazil). So perhaps it's not a huge market but it is one spread widely over the globe

The S-2 has always been on my top 5 list. So many cool markings options, I hope the aftermarket guys pump out lots of decals. Very happy that this is finally being released, especially by a company like Kinetic. I hope it is a success for them.

Raymond, any info on what will be available for markings with your kit?

Regards,

John

PS - how is this for a diorama suggestion?

http://miragebym.blogspot.com/2009/02/airp...gustine-01.html

The S-2 has always been on my top 5 list. So many cool markings options, I hope the aftermarket guys pump out lots of decals. Very happy that this is finally being released, especially by a company like Kinetic. I hope it is a success for them.

Raymond, any info on what will be available for markings with your kit?

Regards,

John

PS - how is this for a diorama suggestion?

http://miragebym.blogspot.com/2009/02/airp...gustine-01.html

Yea, some good ops there to go crazy with a Tracker Kit

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fujiboy/3582929655/

Cool!

Is that going to be resin or injection molded? What price range are we looking at? How many parts? Are you supplying markings?

Raymond is Kinetic and he announced earlier it would be 1/48.

Great news, I have always wanted to do a Tracker. I think you can count on Leading Edge to release some decals.

Great news Raymond for all the tracker fans, Can I ask that you do the long fuselage versions such as the E and G. That way us Australian and Canadian modellers can share in the love. the short fuselage version is not much use to us, as well as having a longer fuselage the G and E versions had different nacelles and longer span tailplanes and rounded wingtips. Exciting times for us modellers

Regards

Bruce

I hope that someone will come out with an easy to comprehend guide to S-2s. That is why I asked for a Squadron Walk Around for it. There were so many versions and users coupled with a redesignation of the type in the middle of it's career (S2F to S-2) makes for a confusing array of info out there - even taking Wiki into account!

Now for those who may want to get a step ahead on it - you may want to go to Sprue Brothers and look for the Aerospace Modeller magazine that had Gil Hodges build of the Collect Aire kit. Alot of good info - especially for the AMS types - but even for those of us lesser modellers!

http://store.spruebrothers.com/aerospace-m...e-8-p23039.aspx

asm008.jpg

Hurry only 141 left!

THANK YOU!!! I have been waiting, waiting sooooooooo long for an S2F-1 in 1/48. Even though I stopped this hobby a while back, I WILL buy and build this one in Dutch colors (oh, maybe two, one with folded wings, one spread.

Thanks for the heads-up Raymond.

Cheers,

Leon

Fantastic!!! I just need to know what version the kit will make to start the artwork for decals, perhaps upscale what I have in 1/72 if it will be a S-2A ! But I would wish a S-2E (more decal options to make). :cheers:

Great news Raymond for all the tracker fans, Can I ask that you do the long fuselage versions such as the E and G. That way us Australian and Canadian modellers can share in the love. the short fuselage version is not much use to us, as well as having a longer fuselage the G and E versions had different nacelles and longer span tailplanes and rounded wingtips. Exciting times for us modellers

Regards

Bruce

I second this!

I am talking with Raymond about it, and for me his project is a S-2E/G Tracker considering the details on this 3D render. The unique mistake is that AN/APA-69 radome on the top of cockpit, a detail for S-2A. All other details are for the longer fuselage Tracker. :worship:

I am talking with Raymond about it, and for me his project is a S-2E/G Tracker considering the details on this 3D render. The unique mistake is that AN/APA-69 radome on the top of cockpit, a detail for S-2A. All other details are for the longer fuselage Tracker. :wave:

Oh great, Kinetics messed it up already.... I'll never buy one of those!!!

Just kidding... I'm sure there is some reason for this and to be honest, I'd rather have an E version over an A. Just out of idle curiosity, what are the main differences between an A and an E model?

If this model will be the E/G version, then I don't think a Canadian version can be built, because it would be too long in fuselage length, as the RCN version designationed CS2F-1 through -3 were shorter. Our version was based on the USN S2F-1 airframe, which was re-designated S-2A

Too bad

Brad

I am talking with Raymond about it, and for me his project is a S-2E/G Tracker considering the details on this 3D render. The unique mistake is that AN/APA-69 radome on the top of cockpit, a detail for S-2A. All other details are for the longer fuselage Tracker. :)
Edited by Brad-M
That drawing sure looks like the short fuselage aircraft to me.

<_<

I wasn't going to say anything but, I kind of thought the same thing.

If it is the E/G? No fire bombers, at least not a recip, as the recip S-2's used by all the contractors and the C.D.F. were S2F/S-2A's. It wasn't until the Marsh S-2F3AT Turbo Tracker that they went to the stretched S-2E.

Randie