That drawing sure looks like the short fuselage aircraft to me.

:rolleyes:

The rendering looks like a mish-mash of types to me. It's got the long-span tail and the S-2G flare dispensers. Hard to really tell, but it also looks like it may have the rounded, extended wing tips and the long fuselage. But it also has the AN/APS-69 radome and the small carb airscoops like an S-2A

The rendering looks like a mish-mash of types to me. It's got the long-span tail and the S-2G flare dispensers. Hard to really tell, but it also looks like it may have the rounded, extended wing tips and the long fuselage. But it also has the AN/APS-69 radome and the small carb airscoops like an S-2A

I'm thinking that it may be just a basic CAD 3D rendering of the concept, perhaps early in the model development cycle rather than a definitive 3D of the final model. My hope that it wouldn't be too late to make the changes necessary to make the final product spot-on for the version selected (S-2E hopefully!).

If this model will be the E/G version, then I don't think a Canadian version can be built, because it would be too long in fuselage length, as the RCN version designationed CS2F-1 through -3 were shorter. Our version was based on the USN S2F-1 airframe, which was re-designated S-2A

Too bad

Brad

This is correct.

Mr. Raymond confirmed by PM that the rendering is the basic model, the first release will be a S-2E/G, and the APA-69 dome is a part for the S-2A the possible forthcoming in the series. :crying2:

The Canadian version differed from the US version, so don't hold your breath to make a RCN Tracker, unless you're going to convert yourself. The engine nacells were shorter and the radar on top of the cockpit we didn't have, which could be easily removed or not installed at all.

Brad

I've had to do additional work on probably 99% of the Canadian subject models I've built in my lifetime. Relatively speaking, the adjustments needed to convert to a Canadian airframe are probably pretty minimal (said while not even having seen what parts you get in the kit of course).

Edited by RiderFan
Mr. Raymond confirmed by PM that the rendering is the basic model, the first release will be a S-2E/G, and the APA-69 dome is a part for the S-2A the possible forthcoming in the series. :thumbsup:

Woo-hoo, that's good to know.

Any decals for the S-2 coming from FCM once the kit is released?

Making a CF-188 from the Hasegawa F/A-18 kit is slight compared to taking an E/G Tracker and converting into an -A, unless you don't mind surgery to the fuselage to shorten, then feel free.

Anyway, if it's true, and the S-2A is a forth coming version, this is a moot point.

Brad

I've had to do additional work on probably 99% of the Canadian subject models I've built in my lifetime. Relatively speaking, the adjustments needed to convert to a Canadian airframe are probably pretty minimal (said while not even having seen what parts you get in the kit of course).
Woo-hoo, that's good to know.

Any decals for the S-2 coming from FCM once the kit is released?

Oh yes! Once the version is defined, I can prepare the artwork in advance to get the decal ready at same time of the kit. For latin-american subjects it is easy, just for US versions I still have the same problem I have with Tomcats: crew names... :bandhead2:

Nice photos...hope they don't take too long producing the early version.

Brad

The 14-inch extension in the forward fuselage can be seen by comparing the prop warning line in the picture above with this one.

S2F_JHG_THT.jpg

Making a CF-188 from the Hasegawa F/A-18 kit is slight compared to taking an E/G Tracker and converting into an -A, unless you don't mind surgery to the fuselage to shorten, then feel free.

Anyway, if it's true, and the S-2A is a forth coming version, this is a moot point.

Brad

I think you're really underestimating my modelling background and abilities. Based on the photos above, reducing the fuselage seems much easier to do than any of the Corvette conversions I've done. But anyway...

Edited by RiderFan

I think that's a bold statement considering I have no idea who you are, but I think I'll leave it at that.

I think you're really underestimating my modelling background and abilities. Based on the photos above, reducing the fuselage seems much easier to do than any of the Corvette conversions I've done. But anyway...

Gents, there is any chance to Kinetc provides a "service bulletin kit " :sunrevolves: by including another type of nacelles and propeller? Marsh has upgraded some S-2´s to Turbo tracker versions by adding turboprop powerplant as well as AAR capability along with minor changes (see site below). It will be very interesting since Brazilian Navy will have some of this in couple years in our CV as Turbo Trader version.....

http://www.s2tracker.com/turbo_tracker.htm

Edited by Fernando
  • 2 weeks later...