I was working on a Heller 1/72 C-135FR, being made into a KC-135R. Talk about putty monster! Every part on that piece of

sh....... crap didn't fit right. I tried to rescribe it as some of the panel lines were too shallow and almost non-existent.

Well, the plastic flaked off! More filler and sanding. After that, the windscreen broke in two while I was trying to fair it in.

At this point, I didn't care anymore. It took it's first and last flight into the wall. I salvaged the wings and what parts I didn't use and saved them. I have three more of the C-135 series that I can use them on.

With that out of the way, what's one model that you hate(d) building the most and ending up trashing it?

RYAN.

The AA models 1/48 MiG-(hardly looked anything like one)19

By the way when you're building the rest of your -135s the top surface of the wing does not curve, That kit needs a metal spar to get the wing straight.

T

Airfix 1/72 Bac Concorde. Took one month to get it close to finish and then took two years to finish it completely and send it off to a friend who work them for little while. i took for ever to get the Nose together i broke the windscreen in three places.

I WILL NEVER BUILD THAST MODEL AGAIN>>>>>>AModel's GeeBee that was real crap....

1/72 Hobbycraft Dash 8. Built it 3 times. First two long since trashed. 3rd almost got trashed.

Ageed, and with as much as is wrong with it, it's more a characture of the subject than scale representation.

Similar can be said of the Esci Ertl 1/72 Fokker F-27

If there is justice, the molds for those two have long since been cut up.

With that out of the way, what's one model that you hate(d) building the most and ending up trashing it?

RYAN.

The Hase 1/48th F-15s and I have always had a love hate relationship.

A wierd one....Monogram A-26 Invader. For some reason my three builds I have never been satisfied with.

First up - original release - the red decals disappeared on the black Korean War scheme (funny it is STILL in my mom's basement 20 years later)

Second - Promodeller - got it done and was doing the blue tailed Pacific scheme - when I went to decal it the whole thing looked like it was crusted in salt the next morning (never did figure out why the gloss coat reacted with my setting solution that way - or was it just the decals?)

Third - Glass nosed one....never finished it as the fit had gotten worse and all the putty killed my interest in it.

Maybe when Trumpy or Kinetic gets around to doing one I'll try again....I have a ton of decals to use on them, Zotz, Aeroscale, Super Scales etc.

1/48 ESCI F-104 Starfighter! Thing was bloody awful! Didn't fit right, was like a blob of styrene that had a "shape" of an F-104 and would take loads of work to make it right. The canopy was so fogged it looked like milky plastic. Would take more putty than a rusted out 50 year old German Volkswagen Beetle that was immersed in road salt for as long!

1/48 ESCI A-10 (it was a gift). Warped parts, no detail, more flash than parts, completely inaccurate shape, nothing fit properly, ad infinitum. I didn't even bother finishing it. Slapped on the wings and engines . . .

And it's now used by my four-year-old to practice brush painting.

I haven't built many models that I've given up on because "I hated them." It's more of a "real life/job/girlfriend/family/something shiny got in the way." I've got a ton of kits, and a bunch of multiples, that I've started, done some really great work on, but the interest just kinda dissolved. Does anyone want a modeling sous chef?

Hasegawa 1/72 Tornado. So many errors, such a poor fit - ghastly little model.

Odd that you should mention that, I built two of them (GR.1 and F.3) when they were new and didn't have any major issues with the fit.

tyra banks.....

:cheers:

Right now most hated is the Airfix 1/72 Canberra B.8. Every time I think I have disposed of one complication or another with it I find something else that needs work.

Also having a love/hate relationship with a Matchbox 1/32 Lysander at the moment, but am much more forgiving of it due to its age and origin.

Hobbycraft 1/48 P-59. I finished it but oh . . . the pain! the pain! Wish I'd had the foresight not to use the Cutting Edge cockpit since it would probably be worth a decent chunk of change today. As it is, the thing's in a landfill somewhere in SE Iowa.

cheers

Old Blind Dog

For me, it's the Revell F-15E. Gosh I wish they had made the top of the wings in one piece. I can never, ever seem to get the top and bottom seams to line up right without a gap or step, and then when I try to fix it, I always end up loosing the detail around the seams. There's a few other spots on that model that give me trouble, and yet I still buy more and still attempt to build it. With it being my favorite plane, I think my standards are just above my building skills. I'm 9 months into one right now, and it is the farthest I've gotten on one since the last DS group build a few years ago. I finished that one, but did so poorly on it that I gave it to my brother.

Aaron

AMT 1:48 scale F-16A and F/A-18A kits.

Bought these at Michaels a few years back. In my memory two of the worst kits I've built. Poor fit, lack of details, soft, warped plastic and weak decal sheets. The instruction sheets were ok though. I cannot recommend either kit to any builder.

For me, it's the Revell F-15E. Gosh I wish they had made the top of the wings in one piece. I can never, ever seem to get the top and bottom seams to line up right without a gap or step, and then when I try to fix it, I always end up loosing the detail around the seams.

I was just looking at finishing that very same kit today. I looked at the wings and said "dang! I really screwed that up! such a nice kit too!" Glads i'm not the only one with that problem.