Trumpeter TU 22 M3 Backfire C

Thanks Sharkey, all in all about six weeks. it was spread over a long period because I tend to build several models at a time, and being a reviewer for a few online sites and model magazines means I have committments to build certain models for publication . All the exterior painting and weathering was done over two days, decaling and finishing another whole day!

Thank you Nazar, wow that aircraft looks very weathered!...............look forward to seeing your model when finished... :taunt:

It is not necessary to thank me. Yes, the plane old enough and doesn't fly now any more, costs on the basis of storage.

I did this photo four years ago, it is a pity that such beautiful planes, stand chained to the earth.

When I will begin the model, necessarily I will show.

Here by the way interesting assemblage of the given model, on my site

Тu-22M3

Edited by Nazar
Here by the way interesting assemblage of the given model, on my site

Тu-22M3

Nazar,

On your link to Scalemodels.ru, there are two photos of etched-brass detail sets posted by 'tolthe1st'

Do you know who makes them ? is it Part ???

I must have missed them - when were they released ??

It looks like the exterior set has what I have been waiting for - the perforations inside the intake roof of the M3 :whistle:

Cheers

Ken

Forget my post above - I just found the etched brass set.

They are by Part - and they are for the old, inaccurate Esci kit of the Backfire :- http://www.jadarhobby.pl/part-s72209-tu22m...mp;currency=EUR

I doubt that they will fit the Trumpeter Tu-22M3 :whistle:

Ken

We at ourselves on a site already discussed this set, in the presence of a cabin from NeOmega and wheels from Equipage, is almost useless, though some trifles can be useful

Nazar,

On your link to Scalemodels.ru, there are two photos of etched-brass detail sets posted by 'tolthe1st'

Do you know who makes them ? is it Part ???

I must have missed them - when were they released ??

It looks like the exterior set has what I have been waiting for - the perforations inside the intake roof of the M3 :whistle:

Cheers

Ken

Yes Ken, is photos of a set of Partl desks.

But it is a set for Eski-Italeri.

Sadly Nazar I don't think these sets will be of much use to my next Backfire build which will be to backdate the M2 to an M0. but I'll have a close look.

the perforations inside the intake roof of the M3 70.gif

I noticed those too Ken but on mine just decided to rebuild the whole interior ramp section all the way back to the wing root so setting the correct ramp angle, and then airbrush the louvres on, Remember to add the bracing struts and to paint the exterior lip of the ramp dull aluminium, (very tricky masking, hardest bit was the piece between the fuselage side and intake, in the picture the top one has yet to be painted)

(Here the ramps are only slotted in before being painted)

P1090251-1-1.jpg

Andy

Sadly Nazar I don't think these sets will be of much use to my next Backfire build which will be to backdate the M2 to an M0. but I'll have a close look.

Andy

I have some photos of the M0 at monino - plus the one in the Kiev museum.

I'm going back to Kiev in October - so I'll try to do a walkround of all three Backfires they have there (M0, M2 & M3).

Yell if you need piccies.

Ken

Great stuff Ken...I'd be very grateful if you could do just that!.I'd also be most grateful if you're able to pm me with any stuff that you already have? Of particular interest to me is the variable track main gear and rear avionics housing. Also I have no reference piccies of the underside of the MO either, (vents, exhaust ports, any attachment points, etc..you know the kind of thing). In fact thanks for anything you can come up with...

(Will you be taking any detail shots of the Bison while you're at it?... :unsure: )

All the best and thanks, :cheers:

Andy

Edited by General Melchett
Basically, reviews of these planes are at me on a site, and it is my gift to all fans of the given technics

b9110111bb74t.jpg

Specially did not begin to put the signature on a photo, that it could be hung up in a framework or on a desktop

Great stuff Ken...I'd be very grateful if you could do just that!.I'd be most grateful if you're able to pm me with any stuff that you already have? Of particular interest to me is the variable track main gear and rear avionics housing. Also I have no reference piccies of the underside of the MO either, (vents, exhaust ports, any attachment points, etc..you know the kind of thing). Be grateful for anything you can come up with...

Will do.....

(Will you be taking any detail shots of the Bison while you're at it?... :whistle: )

The Bison (a 3MD) is at Monino, not Kiev.

There are some detail shots on my Amodel 3MD build here.

Scroll down towards the bottom.....

I'll try and do a photo walkround with what I already have - and put them up on my website....

In the meantime, check out the walkrounds on Scalemodels.ru

They have the Kiev M0 & M2 - plus the Monino Bison (under 3M at the top)

Happy modelling.

Ken

Edited by Flankerman

Thanks Nazar, a truly great photograph!!!

Appreciated Denzil :(

Ken, sorry yep of course, it's the 3M at Engels that I was thinking about. :cheers: I'm going to make mine a 3MN bomber with the refuelling probe........also have a 3MD in the stash, but that's for (much) later......

Should have thought of ScaleModels.ru............it's the site I used for all the Backfire details................think I'm getting old!!! :doh:

Andy