NVA Mig-21 PFM number 5066

Hello guys

I've been looking for a picture of NVA Mig-21 5066 aircraft for a long time, but without success.

In the book "Mig-21 units of the Vietnam war" by István Toperczer, Osprey publishing, on page 36, there is a profile of aircraft number 5066 with a green "Streak-mottle" camouflage over NMF.

I'm looking for a picture to prove this profile, since in the book, on pages 23, 29 and page 50 there are clear pictures of this aircraft, however only in NMF.

Also, in Yefim Gordon's and Keith Dexter's "Russian aircraft Mig-21" book, on page 684 there's a profile of this aircraft again with the "Streak-mottle" camo. On page 682, list of aircrafts, there is a remark on 5066, wearing this green camo.

At the moment I'm building Zvezda's PFM model in 1:72nd scale, and would like to build 5066 with the green finish.

Can anyone guide me or link me to a picture of 5066 with the green camo?

Did 5066 wear the green camo at all?

Thanks!! :wave:

Sorry

I have checked my Osprey, but I did not find any picture with camouflaged N°5066, but there is at least one picture showing the rear end of a mig with this scheme and that seems to be this one, but the bort number is out of the frame...

Do you have the Squadron book by Torpeczer "air war over north Viet Nam" ? The pictures of Mig 21 are almost the same than in the Osprey book but I'll check too. Maybe a good surprise...

Mark Stirling is a serious illustrator, he did not make his paint for Osprey without at least one picture, but which one?. I think that even with no picture, you can paint yours this way

Salut Laurent !

I did not purchase this book, it has been criticised mainly for a lack of serious researsh work from the author (serious lack of cross investigation beetween vietnamese and american sources and some indulgence for vietnamese propaganda), and having read an earlier book about the same subject by the same author, these critics are grounded.

I did not purchase this book, it has been criticised mainly for a lack of serious researsh work from the author (serious lack of cross investigation beetween vietnamese and american sources and some indulgence for vietnamese propaganda), and having read an earlier book about the same subject by the same author, these critics are grounded.

Salut Grizzly.

Yes I've read that the book isn't great but I was just wondering if there wasn't a photograph of 5066 in it.

Laurent

Salut Grizzly.

Yes I've read that the book isn't great but I was just wondering if there wasn't a photograph of 5066 in it.

Laurent

Well, looking at this review, http://www.hyperscale.com/2009/reviews/boo...kreviewkb_1.htm

it seems that some of the pictures shown are unknown to me, but I don't know for the 5066...

Edited by Grizzly

I' ve found it :P

Page 42 of Squadron Signal "air War over north Viet Nam"

http://www.amazon.com/Air-War-Over-North-V...m/dp/0897473906

The picture has been taken by nigth and shows only the first half of the plane with bort number 5066, and the scheme seems to be very like the profile in the Osprey book by the same author (Toperczer)

I'd like to see a picture of your 1/72 Zvezda model with this scheme

Edited by Grizzly
I' ve found it :whistle:

Page 42 of Squadron Signal "air War over north Viet Nam"

http://www.amazon.com/Air-War-Over-North-V...m/dp/0897473906

The picture has been taken by nigth and shows only the first half of the plane with bort number 5066, and the scheme seems to be very like the profile in the Osprey book by the same author (Toperczer)

I'd like to see a picture of your 1/72 Zvezda model with this scheme

:D :beer4:

Merci beaucoup Grizzly!!!!

Fantastic! Thank you so much!! Now, not only that this aircraft existed, I can see how the mottles were done.

Will open a building log on the proper forum.

Edited by Shahar Levi