1/32 30th Anniversary Colonial Viper

Really good looking model there!

I love the second photo down - the angles look like a setup from the old TV show...all it needs is a green-screen background.

EDIT:

Sorry, couldn't resist having a go at it.... :)

Image1.jpg

Edited by RotorheadTX
Really good looking model there!

I love the second photo down - the angles look like a setup from the old TV show...all it needs is a green-screen background.

EDIT:

Sorry, couldn't resist having a go at it.... :)

Image1.jpg

Man if you put stars behind these pics, that would be awesome!!!

I decided to lightly weather it and abandon the old worn out look. This was done with artists pastel black, drak gray and light gray powered and then mixed.

The overall color ov the model is Model Master Camoflage Gray. The red is Model Master RLM Rot. The section just aft of the intakes and the recess on the side of the fuselage is Model Master Jet Exhaust and the laser cannons and exhaust is Model Master Metalizer Gunmetal. The glare shield and canopy framing and the panels on the sides of the fuselage is Model Master Gunship Gray.

The Model has a 3/8" hole on it already, so I used a piece of clear acrylic rod, bent with a heat gun to give the ship attitude in flight. The base is a 99 cent base from Hobby Lobby cleaned up and the edges stain with whatever I happened to grab out of the cabinet in the garage and the gloss black is a generic gloss black out of the rattle can.

I used the kit base decal and applied to my wooden base. To my surprise the blacks match and it just seemed to disappear when I put it down.

Enjoy!

Cockpit

IMG_4295.jpg

IMG_4296.jpg

IMG_4297.jpg

IMG_4299.jpg

IMG_4300.jpg

IMG_4301.jpg

IMG_4302.jpg

Edited by SteveV22FE
  • 2 weeks later...
Could I ask how you bent the clear rod or tube or whatever it is?

That a piece of 5/16th Acrylic Rod. I used a heat gun to bend it to the desired angle. It is very important that you don't get it too hot as it will form bubbles in the acrylic. Just heat it enough to get it flexible, bend it then place it on a flat surface to cool.