In the Great Models newsletter they have a "new" 48th Frogfoot from Eduard - is this a real new tooling, or is it a rebox of the Monogram or KP one with a bunch of Eduard extras tossed in?

In other words, do I need to go camp out at my favorite local store and buy ALL of them right off the truck, or should I drag out my kitbash Monogram/KP and bang my head against it some more?

From what I've seen it looks like a great decal sheet - whilst I already have a Kopro Frogfoot, I'm seriously tempted by this one for said decal sheet alone.

I thing we are talking about the KP model. Having built both the Monogram and the Kp kit, my personal opinion is that the Kp is the "better" one and a really good kit as well, and if you add the Eduard goodies even better

I thing we are talking about the KP model. Having built both the Monogram and the Kp kit, my personal opinion is that the Kp is the "better" one and a really good kit as well, and if you add the Eduard goodies even better

hows the fit on the KP kit? I'm not to worried about details since it seems like eduard has you covered there :)

Overall I thing the Kp is the best kit for the 25 in the 48th scale. Good fit, adequate detail, not really any particular problems worth mentioning. (Please dont remind me the KP Su-22...day and night compared with the Su-25...)

I've built KP's Su-22 Fitter - hard work but enjoyable. If the Frogfoot is the same, let alone better, I'm looking forward to it. Only downside I do not have the Eduard decal sheet or the etched and other extras that this boxing includes. Check out the instructions from the Eduard site (needs pdf reader): http://www.eduard.cz/products/pdf/n11/1150.pdf

Edited by MikeC

It is indeed the old KP/OEZ kit with a new pit and some PE. Got mine from Sprue Brothers for about 50 bucks and change. I am going to doing some upgrades for the kit and will announce them very soon. These won't just be intake and exhaust covers either. :wacko:

Cheers

Mike

The Chech shark camo must be a nightmare to reproduce. I have seen pictures of the actual aircraft and I have to admit I dont have the "guts" - for now - to start something like that...

It is indeed the old KP/OEZ kit with a new pit and some PE. Got mine from Sprue Brothers for about 50 bucks and change. I am going to doing some upgrades for the kit and will announce them very soon. These won't just be intake and exhaust covers either. :D

Cheers

Mike

Hey Mike,

Some chaff/flare dispensers on top of the engine housing would be great. I noticed that Eduards gives you a set in their kit, but for those of us who already have the KP and Monogram kits those would be outstanding to have.

Dave Fassett

Hey Mike,

Some chaff/flare dispensers on top of the engine housing would be great. I noticed that Eduards gives you a set in their kit, but for those of us who already have the KP and Monogram kits those would be outstanding to have.

Dave Fassett

Duly nted Dave :cheers:

• 7 months later...

Reviving an old topic, a friend at my IPMS branch brought a work-in-progress along last night. He'd got the fuselage together, having added a Neomega cockpit, and it looked great - very little filler.