B-17 Group Build

Darn, I just started a Hasegawa G last weekend! Plus the the three others I have started in 48th! Guess I may haave to start another one!!!! ; )

I hear ya, I'm thinking about getting a 72nd one to add to my "bomber command" to hold me over till I can start the big one for the group build

These are just perfect. Thanks for sharing.

I'm curious, if anyone has the opportunity, can they take some shots of the control cables in the waist section and follow their path aft of the waist gunners positions?

Cheers,

Mark.

December or January start? Count me in! I'm just getting back into the hobby after many years off and after two quick builds I see my painting and masking skills are well, how shall we say, lacking? :D The pressure and fun of a group build should sharpen those skills considerably.

I have the 1/48 Monogram kit on standby. Will be built stock with no aftermarket goodies although I've been fooling with the idea of motorizing it. Maybe put one of the turrets on a rheostat switch for activation, batteries in the bomb bay? We'll see I guess. Stock decals unless I find something more interesting.

Looking forward to it! :thumbsup:

By the way, anybody looking for B-17 decals might want to check out a company called Kitsworld decals. They have many B-17 decals in 72nd and 48th. I got a set and they look good with excellent registration. And service is fantastic: I ordered mine on a Monday and had them that Friday. Since they are in England and I am in Central Illinois, I think that is pretty amazing.

I'm in! I have both an Academy B-17B and a -D in the stash, so I'll build a shark-tail Fortress. :cheers:

I'm going to do this beauty. B-17B, March Field, California circa 1940. The unit marking on the nose is for the 32nd Bombardment Squardon. I will try and make the squadron patch marking from a scan and shrink it down. As this is a pre-war aircraft (at least for us Yanks) I'm going do her in spotless finish as shown in this very rare color photo. No battle damage or weathering here.

b17b-3.jpg

Edited by Ham

Oh boy oh boy! This GB is really going to be fun. This is one aircraft that, given it's humble beginnings way back with the model 299, all the way to today, how many countries used them, different paint schemes, different mods, different... lots!! Oh, the possibilities...

Cheers!

Mark.