Raiders of the Reich

An ATI team searches a captured Luftwaffe airbase in post war Germany and finds some hi-tech aircraft.

Eisenhower, Patton, and Galland discuss the merits of the latest German jet, the Focke-Wulf Ta 183.

391472009.jpg

Just as interesting as the Ta 183 is the Ho 229 nightfighter...a type that the Allies had no knowledge of before.

391472002.jpg

Also found at this same airfield was this Li P13a, the troops used it as a prop to get their pictures taken so they could send them to the folks back in the states.

391471999.jpg

Rare for the time, a color photograph of the captured Ta 183. This is the only known color photograph taken of the captured aircraft at that airfield.

391472015.jpg

Taken at a different airfield is this unknown aircraft type, this machine was quickly covered up and removed with no information given as to if it was a weapon or some prototype, it was never seen again.

391348759.jpg

Matrixone

Hey matrixone,

Now that is emulating the REAL THING...are you sure that the Diorama is a Model..

SUPERBLY captured the essence of the real meeting with the Three of the powerful men in that era...

I liked it a lot..NO!LOVE IT !!

The figures depicting the General et al is just amazing and seeing it from different angles is

making you see the dimesions of other involved and also gathered ...

you did an OUTSTANDING Job on this one...

HOLMES :whistle: :wacko: :blink:

HOLMES, janman, and John, thanks for the response!

I really appreciate your kind words right now, I lost my job last week and am trying to keep my spirits up by staying busy with building models and taking new pics of them and not let things get me down.

The company I worked for moved out of the area and left everyone here jobless.

I might have some new pics to post later on.

Matrixone

Patrick,

My Ho 229 was built from the Dragon kit, I built two of these Dragon kits back to back and they had slightly different fit problems but they were not that bad compared to other Dragon kits.

Here are two more pics of the Horten...

189551167.jpg

189546003.jpg

And one more Raiders of the Reich pic...

391566119.jpg

More new pics to follow later.

Matrixone

Patrick,

My Ho 229 was built from the Dragon kit, I built two of these Dragon kits back to back and they had slightly different fit problems but they were not that bad compared to other Dragon kits.

Here are two more pics of the Horten...

189551167.jpg

189546003.jpg

And one more Raiders of the Reich pic...

391566119.jpg

More new pics to follow later.

Matrixone

EXQUISITE !!! :whistle::worship::worship:

{ And I am sorry to hear you have lost your job...have Faith there will be something that will be out there for you}

Thanks HOLMES,

It might take me quite a while to find something else, there are a LOT of other people looking for work.

Back to the models...three more pics in this Raiders of the Reich theme.

391568079.jpg

An older captured P-40 that was re-captured at the end of the war...

391568073.jpg

Another pic of the Do 335 and U.S. Army staff car...

391568076.jpg

Matrixone

That is mighty fine work. The 335 excels too, very nicely judged weathering.

It's always inspiring seeing models like these. Thankyou, sir.

:pray:, G'day matrixone,

As the others have said, like you usually do. I appreciate the vehicles as much as the aircraft, having recently become interested in vintage vehicles, both military and civilian. The Jeep I know well and I'm thinking the staff car is a Ford. Am I right? Perhaps even a Mercury? It's great to see your work displayed here again. Thank you for sharing it with us all. BTW, are these 1/72 scale?

:tease:,

Ross.

Edited by ross blackford

Thanks Ross and thanks once again janman!

Ross,

Sorry I don't know much about the staff car, my guess is its a Ford or a Dodge.

The scale for most of the models in these pics is 1/48 but in the distant background some of the models are 1/72 scale.

Here is a sneek peek of my latest model I just finished, I thought this pic would also be of interest in this thread.

391561647.jpg

More pics of the new model will be seen later in the Display case section.

Matrixone