VFA-102 F18F...

hi all !

this is my Hasegawa model of the SH, 1/48 th sale, adds are Aires for the pit / electronics bays and gear bays, Twomikes for the air intakes, red/white markings are painted but decals are from the box, part of the weapon are from Shull24 and Kinetic...paint is from testor.

it is not yet finished as normally come along an E2C.....

got some details/changes to make over it....forget the Aim9 protective cover and have to change the helmet color of the crew chief !

Pat

p1040151.jpg

p1040152.jpg

p1040153.jpg

p1040154.jpg

p1040210.jpg

p1040155.jpg

p1040211.jpg

p1040156.jpg

p1040212.jpg

p1040213.jpg

Great piece of madelling...well done. One question though, is it an actual weapons load or you just made it up, becouse I have'nt seen that combo before. Once again fantastic job...

thanks for your comments !

well, about the legendary fit of Aires...this one is as good as the others......specially when adding the two electronics bays......you'll have to sand both parts, resin/plastic and stop when you can see the light through.......also the wheel bays are too short for the F version, looks like they are made for the old A/C serie ......

Pat

Looks great. I have a picture that I took at the Arizona Memorial of the rear half of the jet hanging over the side of the Kitty Hawk when I was in Hawaii July 2008. My wife actually asked me why that one jet was painted red.

Foxtwo, I think that there is only one thing wrong with your model, and well its that it isnt mine! WOW, what an amazing job! Your builds are always works of art! Thanks for showing us.