1:32nd Revell F-14A Tomcat

Here is the start of my big Tomcat.

big_tomcat_1.jpg

big_tomcat_2.jpg

I did some modification to the rear instrument panel...I took my rotary tool and grinded down the back of the panel until I came out through the middle screen and then I smoothed out the hole. Then, I took some styrene card and painted it black and then went over that with some Tamiya Clear Green. Then I attached a piece of AmScan confetti to the card and glued it to the back of the panel. I used the AmScan confetti on the rest of the screens as well. I realize some of the colors on the buttons and switches are not right...I took a little artistic license to give it a little punch

which jet are you going to depict? I did a TARPS capable jet from VF-32 a year ago and it was an interesting challenge to make the decals for it.

BTW Karl, I edited your post so people can just click on your link.

nice job

how are you going to do the B-conversion to the airframe? what decals are you going to use? i did a VF-32 cat from this timeframe a couple of years ago ( http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.ph...ic=16171&hl =)

cant wait to see more

No need to do a F-14B conversion as the Swordsmen flew F-14As during Desert Storm. That bird you got there is a OIF bird.

Benner, I am making Gypsy 200

Yeah, this is great! Some Gypsy 200 love.

However... what is the loadout going to be?

Shoulders are going to carry AIM-7 and AIM-9, Forward Phoenix pallets will loaded with AIM-54s and then a single AIM-7 behind that.....and of course gas bags

• 2 weeks later...