1/48 Kinetic F-16I "Sufa"

Now I will start building my first F-16 that will not be uniform grey! That will be a challenge!

I have become very fascinated with the planes of Israel, and this will be the first I a series of Israeli planes and helo’s. My first will be the F-16I â€Sufa†or â€Storm†in English.

The plane I have chosen to build is number 00-1049, in Israel it has gotten the number 497. It is currently based at Ramon Airbase in the Negev-desert, and belongs to 119.sq, " Ha'Atalef " (Bat squadron). This squadron was activated in 1956, back then it was equipped with Gloster Meteor planes.

497 arrived in Israel at the 7.th of May 2006, She got her official squadron one year later. From a source in Israel I have heard that she did fire live IMI Delilah missiles against targets in Gaza during the war in 2006.

I will therefore build 497 with CF tanks, AAN/AAQ-28 LITENING and AAN/AAQ-13 LANTIRN pods, 300 gal. centerline tank, 600 gal. wing tanks, IMI Delilah missiles, Python-4 missiles and AIM-120b AMRAAM missiles. Heavy and Hot!

497.jpg

Without sq. markings

497-sufa.jpg

WITH sq. markings

DSC_0001.jpg

The kit

DSC_0003.jpg

The decals

DSC_0007.jpg

Weapons n' stuff

DSC_0005.jpg

More weapons n' stuff and huuuge fuel-tanks!

More pics in next post!

FO

Hi Finn-Ove.

Now when I come to think of it.

I don't think you should use the 300 gallon tank.

You should use the data-link pod for the Delilahs instead.

Just a thought.

Got to love them SkunkModels Workshop sets though.

:cheers:

/Bosse

Hi Finn-Ove.

Now when I come to think of it.

I don't think you should use the 300 gallon tank.

You should use the data-link pod for the Delilahs instead.

Just a thought.

Got to love them SkunkModels Workshop sets though.

;)

/Bosse

AHA? I read up on the data-link pod, and it stated that it was for use with the GBU-15? If it also is used with the Delilah, I will use it, I have already built it and thinks it looks cool!!

Finn-Ove

AHA? I read up on the data-link pod, and it stated that it was for use with the GBU-15? If it also is used with the Delilah, I will use it, I have already built it and thinks it looks cool!!

Finn-Ove

Hi Finn-Ove,

Yes, that pod are used for GBU-15, Popeye and Delilahs.

So I think you should definitely use it.

Beside the pod looks a lot cooler than a droptank :coolio:

:cheers:

/Bosse

That was really good news! I would LOVE to use the data link pod!!!

Thank you so much for the tips, I see that you are quite the expert on the IAF.....I will keep in touch if you don't mind?

Finn-Ove

That was really good news! I would LOVE to use the data link pod!!!

Thank you so much for the tips, I see that you are quite the expert on the IAF.....I will keep in touch if you don't mind?

Finn-Ove

Your welcome, but as for an expert I don't know.

But please stay in contact, I'll try and help if I can.

Later...

/Bosse

Bosse, as far as I'm aware, the delilah bomb doesn't need a data link pod to do its job. The missile is guided by GPS. The AXQ-14 DLP in that IDF weapons set is mainly used with the AGM-130/GBU-15 as a buddy-guide. The Popeye missile has its own DLP too, a bigger pod which I've forgotten its designation. Finn, you're good to go without the data link pod.

Bosse, as far as I'm aware, the delilah bomb doesn't need a data link pod to do its job. The missile is guided by GPS. The AXQ-14 DLP in that IDF weapons set is mainly used with the AGM-130/GBU-15 as a buddy-guide. The Popeye missile has its own DLP too, a bigger pod which I've forgotten its designation. Finn, you're good to go without the data link pod.

OK, I wasn't aware of that.

So you learn something new every day.

Thanks Qian for clearing that up.

:monkeydance:

/Bosse

Crap..... well! I have to build something else with GBU-15 then.....hehehehe

• 8 months later...

Hello Maly, no time for updates...I am still hard at work before the summer vacation, but only a few weeks left now then I hope to pick up the pace... Been puzzling with a few small bitz though..will put them out on the forum soon!!

thanks for your interest!

BK

summer break, soooo cose, yet sooo far....grr :bandhead2:

Yeeah...feels like forever... but soon..I fear that my wife has all summer planned for me though, but will squeeze in som building in between...I hope...

FO

• 2 weeks later...