Best 1/48 F-117 kit

Here lately I've had an itch to build some USAF jets (yes I know, completely out of my comfort zone here), and the F-117 seems pretty interesting to me at the moment.

What is the best 1/48 kit out there in terms of accuracy and ease of assembly?

Are there any aftermarket decals currently available?

TIA

Tamiya, although it has recessed panel lines (real thing doesn't have panel lines)

2bobs did a couple of sets of decals, I think one with the large skunk logo on the bottom and a another one with the experimental gray schemes.

The Mono kit is fairly decent, although its a good bit older than the Tamiya kit and has some weird parts breakdown.

Ken

I concur with Ken, Tamiya 1st Rev/Mono 2nd.

Bob has a handful and Cutting Edge did some (good luck) but you'll probably find something you like in 2Bobs line.

Curt

Edited by Netz

I've been working on the Academy kit, and it's really quite good. However, the orange tinted clear parts aren't too great, and the HUD is... well, instead of a proper one, it's an orange tinted box.

Other than that, the build has gone quite well, and you can do the retirement Flag scheme that Cutting Edge produced masks for.

... the big thing for me about the Academy kit was the shape of the fins. I've had the Mono kit, Academy kit, and finally the Tamiya kit which I was finally happy with. Just get an aftermarket pit and the rest is easy (and very tedious filling the seams).

... the big thing for me about the Academy kit was the shape of the fins. I've had the Mono kit, Academy kit, and finally the Tamiya kit which I was finally happy with. Just get an aftermarket pit and the rest is easy (and very tedious filling the seams).

If you have both ACA and TAM kits, try to compare them... the Academy kit is much smaller than the Tamiya's one!!!

Now the question is... which one has the right 1/48th size and shape?

CIAO!

Piero