What's A Good Match For USN Measure 21 Paint Scheme?

Hey all,

I was wondering what a good match for the Deck Blue 20-B and Navy Blue 5-N for WWII USN surface ships would be?

I'am thinking Insignia Blue Fs. 35044 for the Navy Blue 5-N, and Sea Blue Fs. 35042 for the Deck Blue? I prefer acrylic paints. I know Testors enamel makes these colors but I couldn't find an arcylic match in their Polly-Scale line? Is there one? What about Tamiya acrylic? I can never figure their colors out.

Thanks for any and all advice!

Cheers all!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Don,

Unfortunately, neither of those is even close.

Hey all,

I was wondering what a good match for the Deck Blue 20-B and Navy Blue 5-N for WWII USN surface ships would be?

I'am thinking Insignia Blue Fs. 35044 for the Navy Blue 5-N, and Sea Blue Fs. 35042 for the Deck Blue? I prefer acrylic paints. I know Testors enamel makes these colors but I couldn't find an arcylic match in their Polly-Scale line? Is there one? What about Tamiya acrylic? I can never figure their colors out.

Cheers all!

• 1 year later...

Don,

White Ensign Enamels are the gold standard for these colors and their quality is unbelievable. I'm not crazy about the little tins they come in, but consider that a small price to pay for the results. I love everything else about them.

Having said that, if you're looking for acrylic equivalents, I thought that Tamiya XF-50 Field Blue mixed with a little neutral gray was a pretty good match for 20-B Deck Blue. I would like to find Tamiya equivalents for all of the WW2 naval colors, but that's the only one I've done so far. The Navy Blue color is quite gray; I'm thinking I'll start with XF-50 for that one too.

Hey all,

Cheers all!