Hellenic Airforce weapons

I bought an Italeri Mirage 2000 and it comes with decals for a Hellenic version, which I would like to build. The kit has a nice array of weapons including Magic and Super 530 missiles along with what I think are durandal bombs and some sort of pod/dispenser looking thing.

Not sure whats appropriate for a Greek bird

Hi mate

If you're planning on building a M-2000 EGM/BGM the weapons load HAF is using for QRA missions are MAGIG and S.M 530 and the centerline fuel tank....that is until resently....

Because the S.Matra 530 have expired they are currenly out of use for QRA duties.....Now the M-2000 EGM/BGM operate with four MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!

Its wrong to arm your model with any weapon for ground attack HAF never used them for that role and never owned durandals or any french type of bomb.....

You must NOT put any pylon under the fusalage exept the centerline HAF birds never wear them (I think they cant).

332sq operates the M-2000 EGM/BGM

If you're planning on building a M-2000-5 you have to make alot of tunning......

please wait I'll upload some pics for you.

Nikos

I thought that the original M2K's were referred to as EG/BG and the 10 a/c that were brought up to 2000-5 standard are referred to as EGM/BGM?

On top of what Nikos has said the earlier EG/BG were also capable of carrying the Exocet ASM on each Inboard Wing pylon.

If you want to convert it to a Dash 5 then Rflight do conversion sets although I think these are for Heller/Eduard kits

http://www.aeroscale.co.uk/modules.php?op=...ent&id=2522

I thought that the original M2K's were referred to as EG/BG and the 10 a/c that were brought up to 2000-5 standard are referred to as EGM/BGM?

On top of what Nikos has said the earlier EG/BG were also capable of carrying the Exocet ASM on each Inboard Wing pylon.

If you want to convert it to a Dash 5 then Rflight do conversion sets although I think these are for Heller/Eduard kits

http://www.aeroscale.co.uk/modules.php?op=...ent&id=2522

Scot you're soooo right!!!!!!!

You had me checking verticals..........

Idont know the italery kit......but there are some thinks you need to check.

The ICMS antenae on the wing tips and vertical

The chaff/flares dispencers

The arrest hook

If you're planning on building a more current M-2000 to add a white /blue chessboard oin the top of the vertical.

I cant think of anything else

Nikos

Hi mate

If you're planning on building a M-2000 EGM/BGM the weapons load HAF is using for QRA missions are MAGIG and S.M 530 and the centerline fuel tank....that is until resently....

Because the S.Matra 530 have expired they are currenly out of use for QRA duties.....Now the M-2000 EGM/BGM operate with four MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!

Its wrong to arm your model with any weapon for ground attack HAF never used them for that role and never owned durandals or any french type of bomb.....

You must NOT put any pylon under the fusalage exept the centerline HAF birds never wear them (I think they cant).

332sq operates the M-2000 EGM/BGM

If you're planning on building a M-2000-5 you have to make alot of tunning......

please wait I'll upload some pics for you.

Nikos

I think HAF Mirage2000 can carry fuel tanks under wings...

They can carry US made free fall bombs Mk series (81+82 only i think), and some rocket pods

(it is true that you might find only a pic or two with HAF mir2000 loaded with AG load)

And the french-made anti-ship missile AM-39 Exocet....

The HAF -5 can fire the AGM cruise missile SCALP-EG (200+Km).

HAF Mir2000 (and -5)

It is tha same as HAF Mir-F1...in some fotos you will see them loaded with TER and SIX Mk82....

But i havent see any aerial pic with this configuration

It must be the Italeri kit, I have this kit in my stash and there are the greek decals included. The eduard /heller kit is only for french versions. Maybe the neomega pit is suitable?

I think HAF Mirage2000 can carry fuel tanks under wings...

They can carry US made free fall bombs Mk series (81+82 only i think), and some rocket pods

(it is true that you might find only a pic or two with HAF mir2000 loaded with AG load)

And the french-made anti-ship missile AM-39 Exocet....

The HAF -5 can fire the AGM cruise missile SCALP-EG (200+Km).

HAF Mir2000 (and -5)

It is tha same as HAF Mir-F1...in some fotos you will see them loaded with TER and SIX Mk82....

But i havent see any aerial pic with this configuration

AG was never the task of M-2000 until SCALP entered HAFs inventory.

At the beggining of their service time 331 and 332 squads trainned on droping iron bombs but there was not much to gain from....

A-7s and F-4Es could outperform them on such missions

I dont think that anyone can remeber the last time they have seen an M-2000 armed with such loads.....

The A.C that you have seen are probably on static display .....and that happened wayyyyyy back.

It must be the Italeri kit, I have this kit in my stash and there are the greek decals included. The eduard /heller kit is only for french versions. Maybe the neomega pit is suitable?

Yes for an M-2000 EG

If you can find some ED brass even better

As I wrote above I dont know the Italeri.......

You can find a ton of pics to compare STElIOS 2000 has a link with a great bunch!!!!!!!!!

AG was never the task of M-2000 until SCALP entered HAFs inventory.

At the beggining of their service time 331 and 332 squads trainned on droping iron bombs but there was not much to gain from....

A-7s and F-4Es could outperform them on such missions

I dont think that anyone can remeber the last time they have seen an M-2000 armed with such loads.....

The A.C that you have seen are probably on static display .....and that happened wayyyyyy back.

you are right

some more pics

HAF Mirage2000

If you're planning on building a more current M-2000 to add a white /blue chessboard oin the top of the vertical.

Nikos

Is there such a decal out there, as I'm planning building a M2K-5 in the near future. Don't really want to go down the "paint it" road :)

Dont know mate :)

And its the hard type......the chessboard has 3 lines!!!!!!!!

If you build an M-2K-5 the board goes white /blue ,the same blue as the flag and roundels

If you build an M-2K the board goes the same BUT this time the blue is darker as are the flag and the roundels....PLUS you have to make itg very very battle worn!!!!!!!!!