1/48 he219 UHU

thanks for the vote, it is a awsome kit, its practically a snap-tite kit, very little sanding and clean up, the only difficult part is the cockpit installing it without that 5 lb cockpit bathtub weight , and not too mention the antennas, gaad zooks im glad i took some photo's before my dogs tail or the ol lady decides to 'dust' someday and wipe's em all out. im still working on the German camoflag scheme, gheeze, what a ride it is trying to paint any RLM paint job.

p.s. also i have just discovered solvaset decal setting solution, gods 3rd gift to the modeler!

Edited by IRONDOC

hi Switch, I’m sorry I have not posted any pic's yet, give me a while, in a nutshell all I did was use 3x5 card stock, I just cut out about 5 patterns per each card with a sharp x-acto blade on my pane of glass and made about 6 cards , I mixed my enamel paint with more laquer thinner than normal so it dries quicker, held it too the model and airbrushed soft spurts and used same pattern about 3 times in different spots on the bird and also turning the card and doing some overlaps on other spot's also had to bend the card in to fit in corners, preping consisted of a clearcoated top with future floor polish so could 'erase' my mistakes with a eraser from a pencil or a paper towel very lightly dampened with mineral spirits(this will not wipe off the base coat of paint) and re-shoot it. EDUARD made a photo-etch template but I never could find one anywhere so I was forced to get 'creative'

• 3 weeks later...